Proof I have never been married...?

I am living am applying for residency in Israel and they are asking for proof I have never been married in the USA. Where do I get such proof, Massachusetts state will give me a state paper, but it only covers MA and not any of the other 49 states...does anyone know if this is enough or is there a nationwide office for this?

Favorite Answer

I've been dealing with similar issues lately. As far as I understand, that Massachusetts paper should be enough. I'm not sure if this applies to Israel, but it is also possible to swear an oath in front of an official at a consulate or embassy attesting to that fact. For example, I want to get married in the Czech Republic. I can either go to a Czech embassy in the United States, or the American embassy in the Czech Republic. At any rate, try checking out the Israeli embassy's web site for more info.

why would you (or anyone) want to live in Israel??