Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 1 decade ago

what besides Yahoo or Google can I use to search?

I hate Google, all you get are irrelevant answers or Ebay answers, and Yahoo search engine sucks too. What other search engines are out there???

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are plenty of search engines. Works better if you choose them depending on what you are looking for. I'm pasting a few links that would be useful. If you are looking for information look no further than wikipedia. You could also try wikiseek which has been launched recently. Pretty quick! :)

• 1 decade ago

there are a slew of search engines, the basis of almost all of them is a text algorythm that uses standard coding to attach what you have typed to similar phrases and text on pages.....

Ask.com is a slightly different coding sequence as it tends to look at the entire phrase rather than a few keywords or letters, so the results are different.....it all depends on what you type and how you phrase it as to what results you get......

If you have IE7 installed you can see a list of the more popular search engines by clicking on the arrow next to the search box and selecting to "find more providers"

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

hi, i ask your self what you want the search engines for. in case you, say favor to promote your web site, the perfect ones are: Google Yahoo MSN in reality, Google administration nicely over 50% of the completed search for engine searches per day and it’s targeted on it better than others. There are thousands of alternative search for engines yet maximum are valueless. merely optimized, your pages for this reason and also you may want to arise on maximum search for engines with time. examine extra about this decrease than:

• 1 decade ago

good morning from virginia, you can use msn.com or many other's. just type in search engine's in your yahoo or google search bar, then i'm sure you will find a lot of them. take care, jay

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Ask.com is a good search engine

• 1 decade ago

You can use

http://www.twingine.com/

which is a yahoo and google combined search

its still yahoo and google but its still cool

=]

• Pyria
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

there is webcrawler, altavista, ask.com, and hotbot

if you do a search for search engines it will bring up a list of them

• 1 decade ago

Sometimes i use askjeeves.com. U just type ur question down and then it shows u answers to ur questions. Hope that helps!

• 1 decade ago

no1 can beat GOOGLE

hacker's Best Frd....

• 1 decade ago
    Source(s): I am my own source.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.