Did I mess up with this girl?

Okay, here's the lowdown: I've known this person for a couple of months now at my university. She seems very intelligent, someone I could really see myself having tons of great conversations with.

Just recently, I got her number on the pretense that I would call her up regarding a problem she had with her best friend and possibly talk over coffee (bad mistake if you ask me.) I called her last Friday with no answer at all, though I didn't leave a voice mail message at all. Then all of a sudden, when I was studying at a place close to the school fairly late at night, she calls me up and apologizes for missing my call.

I said something to the effect of, "hey, how's everything with you... no, that's fine, I'm cool with it. Yep, just studying at a coffee shop. Hey, do you want to come down to the coffee shop and talk?" And BAM, she says that she's busy for the whole week (maybe because of midterms.) So... did I screw up? Did I telegraph too much interest?

Favorite Answer

Maybe you saw this as something she didn't. Maybe she gave you her number to talk about the problem with her friend. She probably is busy. I don't understand how you could have "messed up" because you called and she apologized for missing your call. This weekend you should ask her to the coffee house again and if she gives you a reason why she can't, then she's just not into you in that way and doesn't want to give you the wrong idea.

I dont think u screwed up! Maybe she genuinely was busy for the whole week! Plus asking her to join u fairly late at night was not the best time to ask!I would leave it a week or two then call her at a reasonable time and ask her if she would like to go for a cofffe with u, if she says no again maybe she is trying to tell u that she isnt really interested!

Give that a go and see what happens, and I wish u the bst of luck and hope that she will have that coffee with u!

No. You didn't screw up, and you didn't telegraph too much interest. If anything - it sounds like you care, and that is a good thing. A quality that majority of women look for in a relationship.

Ask her out again - let her know that you like her. From what you've written it sounds as though she is interested in you.

sorry to say, its not that you showed too much interest at all, girls like to be flattered and if she likes you she would have loved the attention and interest. To be honest, i dont think she likes you back in that way, but probably does like you as a friend or else she would not have given you her number in the first place. You showed interest and she realised that you like her more than a friend and that probably scared her away cause probably just wants to be friends. Sorry if its not what you want to hear but you do sound quite compasionate so rather focus that attention on a girl that deserves it.

To early to tell give her a week then call her back if she blows you off then move on, but then again if she would like to go for coffee then keep a rose handy.

Doesn't sound to me like you screwed up at all. I don't understand why guys think that if they show too much interest they are gonna scare us away. If we are interested in you, we WANT you to "telegraph interest". Why not just ask her what is up? Women are not as complicated as you might think and we like honesty. I just can't wrap my mind around these dating games. Can't it be simple? "Hey, I like you...wanna go out?"

wouldnt worry about it, she may be too busy and wont think you will take it personally, give it a while and try again, if she blows you off in a similar fashion a second time, it may be that she's just not that into you, but give it a chance before you beat yourself up about it, rome wasnt built in a day, give it some time.

no .may be she is busy and didn't have time to see you .if she called you once it's likely she will again .don't give up so easy,some women are nervous of starting a new relationship give it a little more time

no......you didn't screw nothing up, come on man chill, she's jus busy and probably thinks her school work should come before anything becuz it's her future, just wait, and when she feels like callin she'll call

Source(s): good luck

She gave you her number and then called you. She's probably just busy. Chin up, stay positive, and be patient.