therefore your saying trinity is totally having faith in 3 diferent forms or powers, is that not peganism?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

its called polytheism

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, because you said it was 3 different forms or powers. The Bible does not say that. Actually, the Bible never mentions the word trinity, so I will not use it, either. Many people do lip service to God's omnipotence, claiming they believe He is all-powerful and can do anything. Then, they turn around and start talking about what He is incapable of doing. In Genesis, He appeared to Abraham, (who I assume you respect), as three men. Was Abraham lying? In the beginning He said, "Let us make man in our image..." Us? The term for Creator God in Genesis is the Hebrew name "Elohim," which, by the way, is a plural term for a single God. Our God is one. And He chose to manifest Himself in three persons who are equally God, on the earth. You're saying He can't? He can manifest Himself any way He pleases. He did it as a fire in a bush, He can do it any other way, too. He's God. The One and Only.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

A secret, contained in the Christian experience, is something that could want to only be regular by revelation. through definition, we gained't reason our thanks to a secret. on the different hand, we do manage to believe some issues that we gained't clarify. as an celebration, how is gentle concurrently made up of debris and an electromagnetic wave? both logically exclude one yet another. yet merely about everyone accepts this type as reality. might want to we be extra "logical" to disbelieve in gentle altogether because we gained't totally clarify it? the same applies to gravity. no man or woman is time-honored with why huge products distort area time. They shouldn't. really, that is an axiom that each mature medical theory has anomalies that do not in good structure. might want to we then discard technological expertise? Troubling because it really is to our tidy minds, evidently secret is woven into the fabric of existence. So the authentic issue isn't secret. that is attempting to sift real secret from nonsense. regrettably, good judgment on my own isn't a helpful adequate device to attempt this interest. existence is both an artwork and a technological expertise. depending solely on one or the different leads to distortion.

• A-chan
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

He means paganism AND The Christian Trinity is NOT pagan and neither is it polytheist. It is three in one. But is is STILL one God! God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are three components that make up God and is therefore monotheist not polytheist and certainly not pagan!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John L
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I've never completely understood the "trinity" even after being directly told by pastors, etc. but I gather basically they "count" as one diety, so there's no paganism.

• 1 decade ago

it is not peganism because the three are in one according to the scripture

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't believe in a trinity, There is only ONE SPIRIT, & that is God as the creator, God in his Son reconcilling the world back unto himself, & God in us as the comforter.

• 1 decade ago

No. The "power" is one God with three natures. And just to mess with your mind a bit Jesus was of two natures.

It aint easy being Christian ;^)

• 1 decade ago

No, it's faith in one power, God. He created and gave us his son, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit is the guide to help us humans. One of Gods angels. All power stems from one entity, God.

• 1 decade ago

This is a pale comparison, but it may help.

Water can take three different forms - liquid, solid and gas - but it is still water.

• 1 decade ago

That would be PAGANISM, pal. Watch how you misspell someone's religion, namely mine. ;-)

Seriously, though, I've asked the same question. Christians seem to think that they only have one god when in reality they have four, but tell them that and they about have a stroke.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.