how to set up sharing internet connection?

i try to set up sharing internet connection but than i received a message " cannot enabled shared access error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service " after highlight all the box of internet connection sharing under advanced's tab in my streamyx properties

someone plz tell me how to solve this problem

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think you would be better to start over and check everything from the beginning.

- Could you ping between the computer ?

- Could the main computer access the internet ?

- Are all the required protocols installed (TCP/IP and stuff...) ?

- Could you do a simple file sharing ?

- Is the IP numbering correct ?

The basic of internet sharing connection goes like this :

- First, have at least two computer connected with each other (commonly through hub).

- Second, open an internet access with one of the computer (assume computer A). Use the appropriate gateway, DNS, IP, as instructed by your ISP for computer A.

- Third, use A's IP as your gateway, DNS, etc for computer B

- As long as A is connected to the internet, B could access the internet too.

You could try using the Wizard from Windows for this.

Hope this helps

Best regards,

-septerra-

• 4 years ago

often to apply the shared internet connection you may desire to have 2 community adapters on your equipment. One is expounded to the ISP, on a similar time as the different is expounded to the gadget(s) desirous to "proportion" the internet.

• james
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

it depends on the hub for the internet. if you dont have the right hub, it wont let you do it. you need to go to best buy or somewhere and ask them if they have any network hubs.

• 1 decade ago

ask your family members if they know a good computer person.

mercury of love

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.