my son is 6 months old and weight 18.5 pounds and is 30 inches long. Its the normal?

when he was born he weight 7.7 pounds and was 21 inches long

Favorite Answer

sound healthy to me!! my son grew and grew and grew like that. i consulted nutritionists and pediatricians--all said hes ok-now hes pushing 13, and still leaps and bounds above his buddies

My son is 6 months. My son was 8 lbs 12 ounces when he was born. He is currently 20 lbs and 27.5 inches long. He is big for his age, so it sounds like your boy is big too, but there is nothing wrong with that!

I was just at the pediatrician and they said that my son is in the 95% for weight and 75% for length...

Don't worry - big baby = healthy baby. You shouldn't worry about weight gain being negative until their a couple years old. Then is mostly because of lack of activity.

umm im 59 inches and im 26, i really doubt your baby is only 6 inches shorter then me.. an if the baby was 53 inches an 30lbs it would be close to death, if not already dead. hahahah ok on the clarification that makes more sense.. lol no biggie you have a chubby baby, she/he will thin out. If the doc isnt concerned then you shouldnt be. But 30lbs is pretty big, my son was considered a big baby at 6mnths an he wieghed 21lbs.. I personally think tubby babies are the cutest babies so much to squeeze an hug! But jus watch out an make sure he isnt eating to much and doesnt continue gaining weight so rapidly.. but your doc will tell you if its a concern.

• I'm really not sure...but each time you take your baby to the pediatrician for a well baby check up, they should be documenting his weight and length on a curve chart to see how he falls within an "average" range of other children. And they can even tell you what percentile he is in based on his length (height) and weight.

As your pediatrician...if they aren't doing this, they should be.