My phalaenopsis orchid seems to be dormant...?

After being given what I believe was some bad advice, I cut off the dying stem after the blooms had faded. Now it seems that the plant is not growing like it was, it's staying the same size. Nothing else has changed, it's in the same window and getting the same amount of water. It doesn't look unhealthy, it just looks like it's doing nothing. Is this normal? How long should it take before it blooms again?

Favorite Answer

If the color of the leaves is a medium to light green, don't change a thing. If the leaves are dark green, it isn't getting enough light. Phalaenopsis don't need MUCH light though, so be careful of giving it too much. If the leaves turn a reddish color, it's too much light. You said it didn't look unhealthy, so it is probably saving energy to bloom again. Next time, don't cut the inflorescence off right away...phalaenopsis can grow keikis on those stems. (baby orchids)

It is normal! Don't worry! It might take a year before you see it bloom again. Continue to do the exact same thing and don't forget to fertilize and when you least expected it will start again to bloom.

the following is a list that i take advantage of to substantiate even as to water my orchid plants: a million. Irrigate the orchids thoroughly with warmth water. 2. raise it to examine on the burden. 3. examine the burden on a daily basis. 4. Stick your finger down about an inch into the medium to examine dampness. 5. Irrigate back even as the burden has lengthy gone down significantly, or perhaps as the medium feels dry at a intensity of one million inch. in case you take advantage of those guidelines to water your orchids they're going to be able to enhance and thrive for destiny years. solid success!