Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Why do some people not like having onions on their burgers?

• GrnApl
    Favorite Answer

While my husband LOVES onions on his hamburgers; I definitely don't, although I will use onions in cooking. I feel like the onions overpowers the flavor of the burger rather than enhance it.

• dee k

Maybe the same people who do not have onions at all or may be for social reasons,the fear of onion smell on the breath,All a matter of taste & preferance,those who like onions have every right to enjoy them ,don't you think.

It's simply a matter of personal taste, as for me, a burger is not complete without a thick slice of a Georgia Valdeyia Sweet Onion:)

Because if you put onions on their burgers your breath stinks... and possibly I do not know what to answer just want points

Some people don't care for the strong flavor or the spiciness of the raw onions. They may prefer fried onions instead. But its just like some people prefer ketchup to mustard(because of the vinegar and sour flavor). It is just personal preference. I don't always understand it either. But you know the saying, to each his own.

It isn't that I don't like onions on my burger, it's that I don't like UNCOOKED onions on my burger. I always put lettuce, tomatoe, pickles, ketchup, mustard, and COOKED onions (if we have any). I also rarely eat a burger without fries or chips.

i do not like eating raw onions on my burger because it gives me gas. I only eat sauteed onions on my burger, but during my period of being pregnant i ate and had a strong desire for raw onions on my burger, and i didn't even get gas. :)

some people dont like the taste and texture of onions in their burgers.

Why ask why?

Some people like bacon on a burger. Some like cheese. Some like mayo instead of mustard. Some put barbecue sauce on a burger. I take mine with lettuce, onion, pickles, mustard and ketchup only. My daughter won't eat it if it has anything BUT ketchup and pickles. My boy won't eat a burger at all.

People like different things. Its normal, and its Okay.

• J mom

They may have to go back to work and if you have to deal with the public or other people you don't want to have onion breath.