what do you say about Jehovah's witnesses?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses are silent when asked to prove their bogus CORE doctrine:That JESUS HAS ALREADY HAD HIS SECOND COMING IN 1914 and is ONLY working through their organization.
1914 (from adventist William Miller) is to a JW what Mary and/or the Trinity is to Catholics or what Joseph Smith and the golden plates are to Mormons.
1914 is the Watchtower's #1 foundation dogma and it is false,and so is all the rest of it,the dogma of only 144,000 going to heaven, Blood transfusions banned...
Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs and who are they?
The Watchtower is big money,being one of the top 40 New York City Corporations making nearly one billion dollars a year. That's just from one of their many corporations.
Unlike in the case of Christians who are persecuted in other lands for talking about Jesus Christ, Jehovah's Witnesses are largely persecuted for following the teachings begun during the second presidency of the Watchtower, when Joseph F. Rutherford took over in a corporate flap and began changing doctrines quickly in the Watchtower belief system. He claimed that angels directly conveyed truth to some of those in leadership. He coined the name Jehovah's Witnesses to make them stand out from being witnesses of Jesus, a typical evangelical expression (and a Biblical one).
Rutherford dumped holidays, birthdays and the 1874 date for the invisible return on Christ, and invented an earthly class of Witnesses, since only 144,000 can go to heaven in their teaching. The rest, meaning all 99.9% of Witnesses still alive, will live forever on a cleansed earth, under the rule of the Watchtower leaders in heaven, who will keep them in line by local elders known as 'Princes'.
If you have been witnessed to by Jehovah's Witnesses and you reject their message, you will likely die shortly at Armageddon with all the other non-Witnesses, since theirs is the only true religion, and (if they can live up to all the rules) they are the only ones to inhabit this new earth. If you believe Witnesses seem rigid now, any non-conformist during the future cleansed earth will be directly destroyed by Jehovah. Even now a Witness will be disfellowshipped for any one of many gaffs, such as smoking, taking a blood transfusion, or even voting.
To even vocally question the teachings of the Watchtower will result in complete cutting off, with family and friends usually being forbidden to talk to them. The Watchtower is a truly Orwellian world.
My hope is that there will be a day in each of their lives when the Watchtower magazine is no longer needed, and they can go to college, vote for office, and contribute money and time to other, more vital causes in their community. More than likely they will then cease to be persecuted, except in a few societies more authoritarian than their own.
http://www.freeminds.org/ (Watchtower watchers dissident site)
http://www.silentlambs.org/ (latest news on the pedophile child abuse lawsuits against the Watchtower)Source(s): Danny Haszard former Jehovah's Witness X 33 years and born in it. http://www.dannyhaszard.com/
- 1 decade ago
I say "Come to my house brother/sister recline at my table that I may make you a meal" Ok maybe not so formal but I say loving and kind things to and about Jehovah's Witnesses. they are my brothers and sisters who i will be spending an eternity with! Agrape to 6.5 million of Jehovah's Witnesses!!!Source(s): ME
- AlexLv 51 decade ago
Jehovah's Witnesses are very different from all other so-called Christian religions.
They are the only ones who respect what Jesus said about preaching the good news and making disciples. Their work is made all around the world.
"Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit." -- Matthew 28:19
"And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. " -- Matthew 24:14
Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones who reject firmly everything that has to do with paganism and false teachings (trinity, afterlife, cross, Christmas, Easter etc.)
"If YOU remain in my word, YOU are really my disciples, and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free." -- John 8:31,32
For more information go to:
- NMBLv 51 decade ago
I'm not sure what you are looking for here but here goes. Jehovah's Witnesses for the most part are decent God fearing people who try to live their lives by what is written in the Bible. They are ridiculed by those who either do not understand that or who reject that lifestyle. Among the worst of the ridiculers would be FORMER Jehovah's Witnesses who either were removed for unchristian conduct or removed themselves because they no longer wished to live by those standards.
You might try actually talking to one for yourself.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- RuthLv 61 decade ago
For those of you who say you wish we wouldn't call at your door remember that during Armageddon that we really did try to save your lives. Like my sister said, "when Noah went into the ark it wasn't raining." But a witness was given that that time period was about to end. All the lies told about JW's will not save your life at that time period.
- sxanthopLv 41 decade ago
The are the only ones that follow the example of Jesus and doing what he commanded his followers.
Matthew 28:19,20 "Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”"Source(s): Jehovah's Witnesses—Who Are They? What Do They Believe? http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/index.htm
- 1 decade ago
I say we are basicly like other people. We are imperfect humans doing what we feel is right. We strive to be good people and to follow the Bible.
- achtung_heissLv 71 decade ago
Jehovah's Witnesses have the true religion. They are Christian (of course), but they are unique for their rejection of paganisms, use of God's personal name, and global preaching by every active adherent. No other religious organization can claim such purity of worship.
These facts about Jehovah's Witnesses are perhaps relevant to this question. The more one compares this Christian religion with others, the more remarkable it is shown to be.
1. Jehovah's Witnesses have no paid clergy. Yet they remain tightly organized with more than 6.5 million active Jehovah's Witness preachers (about 16 million associate themselves with the religion). Even fulltime preachers and workers at their branch offices are unpaid volunteers.
2. There is no elite class among Jehovah's Witnesses. Even the few 'anointed' among them enjoy no special privileges in their congregations on earth. An anointed person (one of those relative few with a heavenly hope) is not elevated above his fellow congregants in any way, and he may not even qualify for appointment as a simple 'deacon' or elder. There are no titles; EVERYONE is addressed as 'brother' or 'sister'.
3. No person benefits economically from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. Even the 8 to 20 men who serve on their Governing Body receive simply room, board, medical care, and reimbursement for certain personal expenses according to the exact same provision as every other branch volunteer.
4. About a hundred men have served on Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body committee during the past 125 years or so. The vast majority of them have spent the vast majority of their adult lives volunteering for their organization's purposes, and the vast majority have died faithfully and near-pennilessly while still under their legal 'vow of poverty'.
5. Amazingly, Jehovah's Witnesses did not splinter as a sect from some other religion. Instead, a truly tiny but sincere group of bible students studied only the Scriptures to determine the will of God. Thus their religion remains absolutely independent of and not carrying the sins of Christendom's history, yet carries the authority of Christ's teachings.
6. Despite the distortions of anti-Witnesses, throughout their modern history Jehovah's Witnesses have refused to claim divine inspiration or infallibility for their teachings. They have pointed to the bible (and not any particular translation) as the only inspired infallible means of knowing God's thoughts. For over 125 years, their teachings have been presented as merely the results of sincere bible research by imperfect but godly humans.
- 1 decade ago
They are the most wonderful people in the world!! ☺
- 1 decade ago
give them at least 15 minutes of your time and you will find out that they are the most sensible creatures in the planet!