what is your favorite song by Johnny Cash?

Favorite Answer

There are many great Johnny Cash songs listed here. In addition to those a couple of mine are: "Orange Blossom Special" and "Starkville Mississippi Jail". He said he wrote Starkville Mississippi Jail while in there over night for... wait for it... picking daisies. Hey, that's what he said on my album.

(I really think King of the Road was Roger Miller!)

Johnny's version of "Hurt" is great. But it stands out much better with the video. Thanks for the question.

• KitKat

Hurt

I Walk the Line

Ring of Fire

Folsom Prison Blues

Personal Jesus

The Man Comes Around

God's Gonna Cut You Down

Give My Love to Rose

Man in Black One

Cocaine Blues

Get Rhythm

I Still Miss Someone

Big River

A Boy Named Sue

I've Been Everywhere

In My Life

Jackson

Guess Things Happen That Way

Solitary Man

Orange Blossom Special

Green Green Grass Of Home

Cry Cry Cry

Rose Of My Heart

This is just to name a few, the man is still a legend! I am so blessed to be able to have seen him & June in concert it was awesome!

I'd have to take you way back to the 50's for that one, a song called, " I Guess Things Happen That Way ". A couple of others from that same era that I've always enjoyed are, " Ballad of a Teenage Queen " and " Don't Take Your Guns to Town ". These are just picks from the Cash songs I'm familiar with. I'm sure there are lots of his songs that I've never even heard before.

Good ole Johhny Cash..>> I Have 2 Favorites......" I'm Gonna Cry" AND '' I Walk The Line"!!! He Also Did A Real Good Job Singing " Will The Circle Be Unbroken? " I Miss Him. +

Source(s): I Believe He Grieved Himself to Death over June, His Wife.

OMG I can't believe the timing of your question! I just downloaded and listened to HUrt about 1 minute ago. Love that song. But my favourite would have to be Higwayman by the Highwaymen of which he was a part with Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson.

A Boy Named Sue.

Definitely "Jackson". Love June Carter Cash's voice, too.

Man In Black

Ring of Fire..even though his wife wrote it

Apache Tears

Has to be Ring of Fire but Hurt is a pretty good song too.

• Erika

Rock Island Line whats up Porter And yet another one that is going "Daddy sang bass, Mama sang tenor". My dad and that i sing that one mutually each and all of the time. Ghost Riders contained in the Sky (he does this one ultimate)