Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 1 decade ago

I am looking for a tool than can cut a hole for cabinet lock?

please recommend a unexpensive tool that can get a job done. thanks

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Try a paddle bit. Not that expensive and very easy to use. Good luck

• 1 decade ago

Find out the hole size you need then down to the hardware store and check if a nest of holesaws has the right size If not get a single hole saw and arbour to do the job. Even better take the lock in and let the expert get the right size

• 1 decade ago

Go to a home improvement store and ask for a forstner bit the size you need or you can buy them in a set (usually about 8-10 in a set) Whole saw bits are OK but a forstner cuts a bit better and wont wabble near as bad giving you a truer sized hole.

Source(s): general contractor
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just get a wood drill bit of the correct dimension. Hole saws tend to be larger than needed for a lock cylinder.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

if you're talking about the circular hole to hold the lock, then the appropriately size hole or paddle bit for a drill would be the easiest way. if you dont have a drill, which can be 80 - 200 dollars, you can get a keyhole saw. its a small handsaw used for making, obviously, keyholes.

• 1 decade ago

My husband just bought a hole saw from walmart. It has 4 different hole sizes. It was $15.00. It worked wonders running the phone, tv lines through the entertainment center. I believe it is Black & Decker brand.

• 1 decade ago

What you want is a hole saw; it is a little round saw with teeth that fits into a drill. Ask at Lowes or Home Depot or your local hardware store.

• 1 decade ago

hole saw

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

personally i would use a forstner bit of the appropriate size.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.