Skye asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Can I eat viennas whilst pregnant?

I am 7wks pregnant and I am absolutely dying for a hotdog - the cravings are getting bad:) :) Is it ok to eat viennas while you are pregnant. I know they say Deli meats aren't good but does viennas fall into that catagory?

Thanks guys?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh honey its just a hotdog! Eat and be merry! Some people smoke crack during their pregnancy!!! HAHA

• 5 years ago

U can eat mayo but I would do it only from ur jar at home where u know it has been handled properly. Don't eat deli meAt unless u microwave it though. If u don't feel sick then chances r u did not get listeria and r fine. There r so many scary things u can get while pregnant but chances r u will be fine and so will ur baby. Ok? So try not to stress (I know I do everytime I'm pregnant) I used to be bored and wanna look up everything about pregnancy but sometimes it causes unneccesary worry. Just listen to ur doc and try to take up a safe hobby to do while pregnant. If it's gardening make sure u wear gloves. U can knit or crochet or when I found out I was having a girl I bejeweled all my sons clothes and dyed them pink and purple and it was really fun. Oh and I was addicted to the baby shows. Lol

• 1 decade ago

My wife never changed her diet just because she was pregnant. Her choice of foods changed, but no pickles and ice cream. I never heard that deli meats weren't good. Can someone explain this?

• 1 decade ago

Yes, they are deli meats, and I love them. They are a food that should be avoided by everyone, not just pregnant women. However, I tell all my pregnant patients, everything in moderation. Especially in those early weeks when they are nauseous and crave only certain foods.

Source(s): I'm a doc.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

They say that b/c of the preservatives and additives, go to the butcher and have some fresh hot dogs/wieners/sausages made from USDA beef

• 1 decade ago

Our parents ate deli meat, and we are still alive..

• Mary D
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Its because of nitrates. It can cause your and your babies blood to not carry oxygen properly, which can lead to a ton of problems. Its time to take care of your baby now, lay off the processed meats.

• 1 decade ago

i ate viennas when i was pregnant. i microwave it though..just to be sure. Everything's alright so far :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, but make sure you heat it thoroughly, as it could contain listeria. The bacteria, if any, will be killed by cooking it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.