Have Drugs Ran My Mom Crazy?

Well here it goes. My mother has been on drugs most of her adult life. Crack cocaine is her drug of choice. She's been to rehab a few times, but can't keep it together. Our relationship has always been strained. My grandparents raised me when she didn't want to be bothered, so I just became attached to them. My granny died last year and mom has gotten worse. I recently had my 1st child and am going home (2000miles) for the first time since Granny's death. My mom has already started causing drama and confusion in the family over who gets to see my son first. I asked her to pick him up a jacket if she found 1 and I would pay her when I got there. She said she was broke so I asked my uncle to look. My mom went ape s*** and told people I was trying con them outta clothes for my son!

WTF?

I just want to say screw it, and not even see her when we get home. Does long term drug use really kill the mind?

Favorite Answer

Yep, drug usage messes up the mind. Don't expect any Einsteins or Nobel Prizes for Literature from a heavy drug user.

In this case....the Christian thing to do is to allow mom to see the kid. But hold contact as a minimum....and don't get back into her circle. You will simply bring woes and misery to yourself in the end. Use common sense....you got a life and you need to live it the best way possible.

Yeah drugs are a terrible thing. Unfortunately I am int he same boat but its my father, and I have come to realize he will probably never change. Just love her and be the best person you can be for you and your child and even your mother. She has a sickness that can only be helped if she wants it. People do recover!

You need to focus first on the baby's well being. That includes the health and stress level of your sons mother - YOU. Take care of yourselves first and foremost. Good luck to you!

honestly i dont think your mom deserves to see ur son

yes drugs really mess with ur head esesally if ur used for along time