Which Kurt Vonnegut book shoul I read?

I don't know much about Vonnegut, but do you have any recommendations on which book I should start with?

Favorite Answer

Slaughterhouse Five. Although if you like reading this genre, you might want to try a couple of books by Ken Kesey: 1: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 2. Sometimes A Great Notion 3. The Electric Acid Koolaid Test

Slaughterhouse 5

Sirens of Titan was the first Vonnegut book I read and it is one of my favorites. My other favorite is Welcome to the Monkey House. It is a collection of short stories and I make a point to read it once a year. I highly recommend both of these books. If you want to know about his life, Palm Sunday is a good choice. It is sort of a collection of autobiographical essays. And if you like Welcome to the Monkey House, there's Bagambo Snuff Box, another collection of short stories, although not as good as the former.

I was recently wondering this same thing, and so I asked my brother who is a HUGE Vonnegut fan. He said his favorite is Sirens of Titan. So I'm starting that one as soon as it arrives from Amazon.

Happy reading!

if you like time travel and war, go for Slaughter House 5. if you like science and scientists, go for Cat's Cradle. but i don't think you can go wrong with Vonnegut. just pick one up, and get ready to immerse yourself in a dark, weird world filled with irony, and wit.

Well, Slaughterhouse Five is his most well known work...

But I think Breakfast of Champions is a very good read, with subtle humor...

Source(s): I'm something of a "hardcore" S.F. fan. and I have read both of these books...