Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

What's a good diet plan for women who have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)?

What's a good diet plan for women who have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)?

What should women who have PCOS eat and what they shouldn't?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here is a sample menu plan:

For Breakfast:

- porridge or high fibre cereal

- cup of skim milk

- multigrain bread with jam

- Tea

For Lunch:

- tuna and salad sandwich on wholegrain bread with low fat dressing

- banana

- water or diet cordial

For Dinner:

- pasta with (lean) bolognaise sauce

- green salad with low fat mayonaise

For Snacks:

- fresh fruit or dried fruit and unsalted nuts or low fat cheese on multi-grain bread

Does this help?

• faim
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Talk to your health practitioner. Ask about seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist. They can aid you with options to become pregnant and keep pregnant. I've PCOS too and we tried unsuccessfully for 7 years to conceive our first youngster on our own. After I started seeing a professional I was pregnant within four months after utilising the fertility drug Clomid. Don't think any medical professional that tells you that you just will not be able to hold a baby to term. You will have had a tough go of things hence some distance however it's not the top of the street. There are nonetheless tons of things that you could try so do not give up hope simply but! We conceived our 2nd child on our own simply before my daughter turned two! We weren't using protection in view that we figured i couldn't get pregnant on my possess! Ha! So be careful if you don't want any surprises after #1 comes along...! :) all the exceptional!

• KrIs
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

people with PCOS should try to eat low card, not necessarily Atkins's extreme or anything, but watch your carbs, also low fat is important, basically similar to the weight watchers plan, eat sensible portions etc... I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago, and still struggle to eat "correctly"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.