The mainstream televised media has no problem telling truth to power NOW, do they?

So I was watching the Sunday political talk shows today and I couldn’t help but notice a new trend that’s been catching on since Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama decided to run for president, catty news people who suddenly aren’t shy about calling a spade a spade.

In a way, it’s sort of refreshing because we haven’t had this sort of blunt sassback for about eight years since Democrats were banned from trying to keep George and company from driving two countries into the ground for momentary monetary gain.

They showed the “dems” being asked about how to “fight terror” and then only showed when they paused to think, and then they would cut back to four “experts” saying that the “dems” were hesitant about answering the question and were soft on terrorists. They referred to Obama as a “kid.” At least they didn’t call him “boy.”

Where has this sort of defiance and suspicion and questioning been for the last the last 8 years?

Where was this “soft on terror” stuff when Bush was flying Bin Laden’s family out of the country or attacking a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 for its oil or catching and hanging man who had nothing to do with 9/11? To learn anything about the Bush administration, I haven’t been able to turn to the so-called Liberal Media like MSNBC and CNN. Absolute silence. I’ve had to go online to alternative news sources to figure out exactly what corrupt thing they’re up to next because even when the mainstream news does mention it, they gloss over it and say, “Well this Mexican guy in the White House did something bad to some lawyers or something, now onto something more shocking!”

They’re so busy wondering what MIGHT happen when a Democrat becomes president that they don’t look at what DID happen when a Republican was president.

To clear up any confusion, I'm saying that there's a double standard when it comes to bad-mouthing Democrats and not Republicans.

Favorite Answer

and the right calls it liberal media, i don't get it.

Are you saying that when the press makes snap judgments on a candidate's entire approach to the war on terror that they are now speaking truth to power? Someone drew a breath before answering or listed their actions in the wrong order, and this reveals what kind of a president he or she would be? The candidates really aren't in power yet, and two minute answer times they were given were hardly enough to present their positions, or reveal their characters.

No, what you've described is not an instance of the mainstream televised media telling truth ot power; it's not even an example of intelligent analysis by the media.

Well that usually happens when there is a drastic shift in percieved power. They just go from one side to the other. I fully encourage that. Lets see if they have the balls to say something about me.

The media have only one objective.. earning money.

If what they say sells then they have no problem saying it.

Sometimes somone high up will give them a call and tell them : if you say this then we close you.

In that case they wont say it.

Freedom of press my ****, truth my ****... etc.