Need help understanding my girlfriend?

My girlfriend and I have a wonderful relationship. I think the world of her and she tells me things like I'm amazing and things of that nature. My only problem is that she tells me that she feels like there is something missing but she isn't sure what it is. She has also told me that she has been hurt in the past and is hesitant about being in relationships. She has told me that she totally trusts me though. I don't understand what can be missing from our relationship. She even says she couldn't be happier. Does she really think something is missing or is she just protecting herself in a way? Someone told me she may be doing that. If anyone has any insight into this it would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

She just need more commitment which can give her the sense of security. Try engage with her or if you can, just marry her.

Women just don't know what they want in life and men just could never understand why. But you know, us women can sometimes understand what a women is thinking and understand what they're going through. What she may need is security and a stable relationship. She says she has been hurt in the past and hesitant now. Seems she wants to know if your relationship with her is/will be a solid foundation. Love is what builds a solid foundation. Trust and honesty is also important. Do you see a future with her withing the next 5 or 10 yrs? Are you sharing what your goals and plans for the next 5 to 10 yrs. Think about it and if it includes her, let her know.

As mentioned by u she has been hurted from her past relation. If u could find out what was that from her directly or thru her friends. This may help u a lot in understanding why she is feeling so. As she trust u totally, see to it that u don't hurt her in any way, if u really love her and may be after sometimes she will stop telling this.

She could feel hesitation because she, a long time ago, might have been in an awesome relationship, until betrayal came amiss. The missing thing could be her readiness to move on. Her hesitation says it all. She may trust you, but carefulness could have become a second nature, or she just doesn't know how to move on.

That's all I can help you with,

Thanks,

VIbe

depends on what you dont understand. My philosophy with understanding girls is, they do 101 things that are supposed to mean something that you wont understand, and then 102 that dont mean anything. If she is a good girlfriend, there won't be much that you wont understand, i know my girlfriend and i understand each other quite well, i hope at least...

Pack a picnic dinner drive to a good location that you and her can be alone and talk about it and what ever you do don't be the one to make the 1st move.go at her pace and talk about nature and how you enjoy her company. get her a gift like a bracelet or necklace and give it to her after a good walk. Good luck

I think that person might be right. By telling herself that something is missing, she still has breathing room - she can leave or stay, it's her decision and you know it.

i agree with your friend, it sounds to me she might be hesitant to commit herself fully to your relationship, but hey don't worry, she obviously thinks the world of you or she wouldn't say those nice things.

Like you said,the only explanation to this behavior is that she is trying to protect her self,but with time she will learn that she doesn't need to act that way anymore.

If you manage to understand women, you'll be the first man in history