when they say how long is your cycle, do u count from day 1 of your period and include day 1 of the next one?

from day 1 to day 1. so if i have 21days after my period before i start the next and my period lasts 5 days does it mean my cycle is 27days, including that day of my next period???

trying to conceive and i am totally confused about all this??

Favorite Answer

Day 1 = the first day of bleeding (even if it's at 11:55pm at night)

Therefore, you won't really know for sure how long your cycle was/is until day 1 of your next period comes around again.

Example: Day 1 of your period is January 1st. Your next period starts January 30th. That would mean your cycle was actually 29 days, since January 29th would've been day 29, and you'd be starting all over on January 30th w/day 1.

Hope that helped!

Day 1 is the first day of your period. You count from there all the way up to the day before your next period starts.

Say you get your period April 1 and then you get your next period April 28. The cycle from the first period would be April 01 to April 27, a 27-day cycle. April 28 would be Day 1 of a new cycle.

Also, Day 1 should be the day you actually see a flow start. If you spot off and on or a day or two before your period, those days don't count, only when you actually start flowing does it count as Day 1.

Hope this helps.

You count from the first day of your period to the day before your next period as your cycle length.

If you are trying to conceive and need help understanding your cycle, I *highly* recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, and/or the sister site www.ovusoft.com

I don't think you count the fist day of the next one in the same cycle - eg your total cycle is 26 days - 5 day period and 21 days after. Then the next cycle begins on day one of next period. Double check on fertility site or with doctor:)

Your cycle starts with day 1 on the first day of your menstrual bleeding, and ends on the day before your next period starts. So say for example if you have a 30 day cycle, you’d start bleeding on day 1, ovulate roughly around day 16, and not be bleeding on day 30. You’d start your next cycle on a new day 1, with another period beginning.

In your case, your cycle is 26 days long.

Your cycle starts day 1 with your period, lasts from day 1-5, you're due to ovulate roughly around day 13, on day 26 you're not bleeding, and that ends your cycle.

On the 27th day, when you get your new period, you re-start your cycle count, so its not really day 27, its day 1 again.

If your cycle pattern is reliably consistent, on average, you might like to try to conceive around cycle days 8-15, for maximal chance of conception. Watch out for your own individual signs of approaching ovulation, such as cervical mucous of the consistency of raw egg white.

:)Bronwyn

Source(s): Fan of the Billings method, mother of one.

My wellness practitioner positioned me on clomid this cycle. I have been given my era interior the night on a Saturday and my wellness practitioner counted Sunday as day a million of my cycle. Does that help? i think in case you started better than a million/2 way in the process the day the following day is day a million.

ok from what i understood from my biology class it is from the day you start your period till the day u start your next one or something like that....because you have 7 days of "infertility" 14 days of fertility then 7 days of a period...i think that is the way it works cuz that the way most modern birth control systems are set up