Reems asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Switching Dog Food...?

I am trying to switch my dogs food from wet to dry. What is the best way to do this???

Favorite Answer

make it a gradual mix...start off with 3to1 for a week then slowly increase to 2to2, then 1to3. Finally, the last week the dog will be completely on dry.

well to switch dog foods you usually want to decrease 10% each day. so with this method id say mix 10% of the daily serving size with the wet, then the next day 20% then the next day 30% eventually the dry will over power the wet and there will be no need for it when you get to the 6-7 day point. I commend you for switching to dry, wet foods usually do not contain every single nutritional value your dog needs. I just hope you are using a holistic brand like eagle pack, wellnes,innova, or canidae!! and not something you buy at the grocery store.

Source(s): vet tech studying to be vet nutritionist

start by mixing the dry with the wet. Day by day add more dry then wet.

Do it over a week, replacing amount of canned with dry kibble or moistened kibbled dog food.