Folic Acid?

hey I'm 3months pregnant and my folic acid suppy is out, am i supposed to continue taking it till i give birth or stop now?

**i'm pregnant with twins

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Please ask your doctor this question.

But since it's a twin pregnancy, AND a very important nutrient even when you are NOT pregnant, I'd recommend continuing to take it. It certainly won't hurt you. Your body needs it anyway.

• 1 decade ago

Continue taking the folate throughout the pregnancy. It is more important for the first three months as this reduces the risk of spina bifida and malformed nerves, but it does continue to help all the way through. Especially as the demands on your body are more for carrying twins.

Took folate and iron through all four of my pregnancies.

• 1 decade ago

I was told it is important throughout the pregnancy. I was taking it before I got pregnant so I would have it in my system.

• 1 decade ago

It is up to you, you can continue to take it throughout the rest of your pregnancy if you wish but it is the first three months that is the most important.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i too am 9mnths pregnant and i still take folic tabs its worth taking so i suggest continue with it

• 1 decade ago

You only HAVE to take it for the first 12 weeks. I carried on slightly over but my midwife told me to stop so I did!

• 1 decade ago

i wouldn't continue it unless your doctor tells you too

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.