Folic Acid?

hey I'm 3months pregnant and my folic acid suppy is out, am i supposed to continue taking it till i give birth or stop now?

**i'm pregnant with twins

Favorite Answer

Please ask your doctor this question.

But since it's a twin pregnancy, AND a very important nutrient even when you are NOT pregnant, I'd recommend continuing to take it. It certainly won't hurt you. Your body needs it anyway.

Continue taking the folate throughout the pregnancy. It is more important for the first three months as this reduces the risk of spina bifida and malformed nerves, but it does continue to help all the way through. Especially as the demands on your body are more for carrying twins.

Took folate and iron through all four of my pregnancies.

I was told it is important throughout the pregnancy. I was taking it before I got pregnant so I would have it in my system.

It is up to you, you can continue to take it throughout the rest of your pregnancy if you wish but it is the first three months that is the most important.

i too am 9mnths pregnant and i still take folic tabs its worth taking so i suggest continue with it

You only HAVE to take it for the first 12 weeks. I carried on slightly over but my midwife told me to stop so I did!

i wouldn't continue it unless your doctor tells you too