Dannai asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Casino Royale Question?

I saw Casino Royale on my plane from tokyo to SF and theres been a lingering question that I never got answered, and being that I never get a chance to rent or buy movies in my everyday life I turn to the answers community. I was wondering, How does that guy Le Chierffe made his money in the stock market? examples such as the 9/11 example by M and the unveiling of that super jumbo jet.

Thanks

• Retro
    Favorite Answer

As a business graduate, can I just clarify what La Chiffre is doing, because some people have explianed kind of what he does but havent really got it. The idea behind Le Chifffre's plan is that he 'short sells'. The idea behind this is that it is the selling of a share that the seller does not own,. Short sellers assume that they will be able to buy the stock at a lower amount than the price at which they sold short. So he had agreed to sell shares in Skyfleet (the maker of the jet) for a price that was high, because he thought that after he destroyed the plane, the share price would go down. This would mean he could buy tonnes of inexpensive stock, and sell it for the high price he had already agreed.

This is obviously a very risky bet, because if the price goes up, which it did due to the plane not being destroyed, La Chiffre has to buy expensive shares, and sell them for a price that is actually lower, which loses him money: 120 million dollars I believe

RE:

Casino Royale Question?

I saw Casino Royale on my plane from tokyo to SF and theres been a lingering question that I never got answered, and being that I never get a chance to rent or buy movies in my everyday life I turn to the answers community. I was wondering, How does that guy Le Chierffe made his money in the stock...

Source(s): casino royale question: https://trimurl.im/d27/casino-royale-question

Okay. In the stock market, when something's priced low and has the potential of going high, you buy as much as you can, but it's a risk usually (if the stock you're buying isn't safe and known to do well).

Everyone was buying the stocks for the jet, but LeCheiff had purchased stocks which opposed - he picked the unsafe gamble because in his mind, he knew that something would happen to that airline that would cause others to skyrocket. When Bond stopped the destruction of the jet, LeCheiff lost all of the money he had gambled away (or rather, the rebel army's money) which is why they wanted to kill him (because he couldn't re-deliever their money to them). He had meant to profit from the extra money that the stocks would bring in. Instead, he simply went further into debt.

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aD1hy

Casino Royale - best film this year. No contest! Bond is Back!

le chiffre works as a bank for terrorists and other sundry characters, taking money that would not otherwise be easily deposited and withdrawn and making it available anywhere, without all those pesky inquiries as to what the money is going for or where it is coming from

in the movie he puts a bet against the airline hoping that when the plane blew up and everyone elses stock took a hit, he would make millions, unfortunately, he was betting with his clients money and lost quite handily when our intrepid double o averted disaster in miami...

Source(s): avid watcher
  • Lisa

Sports Betting Picks - Winning Picks

Yeah. Everybody's answers make a lot of sense. By placing money against the airliner, he was gambling that something was going to happen that would make all the other shareholders lose money, while he made millions of dollars.

I didn't see the whole movie, but I'll take a wild guess and say he shorted stock for 9/11.

Le Chiffre invests his money in the competitor of that Jet's company, so when his man blows the jet up, they lose money, therefore the competitor receives money.

• jacobs

1

Source(s): Sport Betting System http://sportbettingsystem.teres.info/?WxnJ