What does your gf/bf/husband/wife do for you?

Everyone stays in a relationship because they believe it benefits them. What are you "getting" in return. Love? Money? Sex?

Favorite Answer

I am getting my best friend, a lover who can be tender and sensual, a partner I can trust and set mutual goals with. I am lucky enough to be able to be open and we play no games trying to set the other one off. We love eachother and respect that love. We tell others nothing about our private conversations or sex life out of respect and that has built a trust that is true!

I am getting from my husband so many things. A nice home to live in, food on the table, nice things for the house and the kids, a nice car to drive, all the attention and affection I always wanted, a best friend who I can talk to, a strong man who protects his family, a love so strong that I never knew could exsist, great sex, he pushes me and encourages my goals and dreams and so much more...what more can I ask for ?

I often wonder what I'm getting out of this relationship... Here's what I'm sure about: companionship, someone with a great sense of humor who understands my sense of humor, affection, standard of living. I'm sure there's more, but it's a lot easier to think of the things I'm not getting right now.

Butterflies in my stomach even after all these years.