Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

When trying to lose weight, do you find that it's harder to exercise, or watch what you eat?

I myself have a much harder time with the diet part of weight loss. I CAN'T stop munching. I do a lot of exercising, and don't have much of a problem motivating myself, but I have such a freakin' sweet tooth!! Does anyone have any tips to help eliminate or diminish cravings? Thanks!

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is nothing wrong with munching, it's what you're munching on that can be a problem. I find that I do better when I have vegetables cut up and bagged into the small snack size ziploc bags. It controls portions and makes me think about what i'm doing. If a snack is particularly high in calories, I put it in the bag and label the amount of calories in the bag so I know exactly what i'm doing. Then I make the decision to eat it if I'm willing to do the extra exercise and cut down some other calories for the day to make up for it. I don't deny myself a chocolate bar or some extra butter popcorn, but I control the amount and decision, my cravings don't. If you're having a sweet craving, there are lots of tricks. You can have a banana and wait twenty minutes to see if you still have that craving. Also, twenty minutes before you eat, drink a full glass of water. It will keep you from eating as much, and will make you feel fuller. You can also drink the water between every single bite during a snack or a meal. Think about the taste of the food everytime you take a bite. The average person only tastes the first and last few bites of the food they eat. You will fill up quicker if you eat slower and taste every bite. Good luck, and make sure you don't cut out too much food for the energy you need to workout! Try realage.com for free online newsletters, personal profile, and daily tips. No pushing to buy things that I really noticed either, but great information!

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

It's always harder to watch what you eat. Because you have to watch what you eat, and when you eat for 24 hours of the day, when 30 minutes of exercise a day will do you just fine. It just takes a whole lot of dedication and will power. (In the last 4 months I've lost 80 lbs., and 100 lbs overall. I believe, if I can do it, ANYONE can do it.

Source(s): Experience.
  • 1 decade ago

I have the same problem. I have found it best to not have any junk food in the house except for a select few things that will satisfy a craving without a lot of fat or calories like sugar free jello, cool whip, baked potato chips, sugar free popscicles.

• 5 years ago

Stand up and walk atleast 5 mins after evry 2 hours while working

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Get tips from weight loss community

• 5 years ago

Avoid eating while rading listening songs and watching tv at your home or keep by kepping your hands busy

• 5 years ago

Try yoga to lose weight

• 5 years ago

Use 3 bite rule have three small bites and put fork down each time

• 5 years ago

identify the emotional triggers that lead you to seek unhealthy comfort food picture your goal weight the next time a trigger strikes to help you resist temptation

• 5 years ago

stay up on a unicycle for 20 minutes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.