Shampooing pubic hair?

Ok during a very interesting conversation, my boyfriend informed me that he shampoos his pubic hair. He says it makes your pubic hair soft. I thought this was very strange (why not use soap) but then he said that I should try it too. Is this safe for a female? He obviously has A LOT more hair down there then I do. Plus I shave once a week so it's not very long at all. I also feel it's different cause the male sex organ is on the outside whereas the female's is on the inside. And I'm guessing shampoo has to be a little harsher then soap.

just to clarify, I don't COMPLETELY shave all of pubic hair. I just keep it very short

• Caiti
    Favorite Answer

I'm not sure if it's safe or not...probably not if you're putting shampoo directly by the opening. I sometimes shampoo my pubic hair, but only the patch not in between my legs.

so far it hasn't done anything to me, but you never know...

And it might also have something to do with the type of shampoo you use.

Source(s): ~Hope this helps~

That sounds weird. I've never heard of a guy doing that. I don't think there's any reason why you should try it, because you always shave down there. Maybe he will eventually stop and realize that it doesn't make that much difference. Why would a guy want his pubic hair to be soft all of the time? I don't understand. Maybe he should shave his pubic hair if he is having that much of a problem with it. The Bottom Line: Pubic hair is almost as coarse as the hair on a man's face. I think the only way you can make it softer is if you use a hair inhibitor, but a lot people say hair inhibitors don't work that well.

As you shave regularly and your hair is short I doubt it would make too much of a difference. If you do choose to and you are not known to be sensitive then chemically it is no different to using a shower gel so shouldn't cause any problems nor will you see or feel much difference either. If you are sensitive then I wouldn't bother and just continue to use what you are currently using!

• I think that it should be ok but i'd probably try not ta get it inside.

If u shave...y shampoo there then??