Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

how to be more social?

im 13 and in school im usually shy but people have already judged me as a mean person, but im not really. im outgoing when im with friends but when im around other people i get like scared that if i talk people will be like why is she talking to me?? and its not like im the geek i wear hollister,juicy couture which most people dont have so its not that but my best friend which is like my only friend [cause i moved when i was in elementry school] has like more friends then i do but she suks up to everyone and i just am not that kind of person and i always have to hang around her friends cause i like dont have any.. so basically i need to know how to be more social for like high school and get morre guy friends

Favorite Answer

wow. you totally sound like ME when I was younger! All I could do was continue to be myself because I couldn't force myself to fake being all outgoing. So try and speak up more than you do now. Maybe ask someone a question about a subject, or anything. Make sure you smile more (if you're not smiling a whole lot) because if you don't smile at all, people are really not sure how to approach you, so they don't at all. They may think something is wrong with you. So make sure you smile and try to have fun....and brand name clothes don't make you a better person. If you have the clothes, great, but clothes are NOT what should be getting you attention or friends.

You know what, I 'm old enough to be your father, but I'll still answer. I'm the same way you are, and I don't care what people say about me. I'm me, if they don't like it, I don't care. If you're shy, introverted, and reserved, that's just the way you are. Some people are like this, and some aren't. I've been called mean, anti social, etc, etc. I don't have an answer on how to be more social, because I'm not. But I always will remember a saying a read one time

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than be loved for who I'm not"

And sometimes it's good to be shy, and reserved. People stay out of your business more, and that's a good thing. Too many nosy people in the world.

when u go into high school, everything changes, you can come back a completely different person. so when high school starts, change your shyness and open up more with people. clubs and sports are a great way to meet people.

Just be who you are and maybe join some clubs or sports teams and don't be afraid about what someone will think about you if you talk to them because if they reject you its their issue and they are missing out on a cool person.

hope that this will help and that you will make more friends.

Good Luck!

it might be hard to do, but just say hello to people in the hallways and be a more happy person, because quiet people can sometimes come off as mean

well u could try join a club to meet more ppl or try talking to ppl to meet them

• beachy

just be yourself, having friends is good, but do not change to suit anyone.