I am moving across country (via plane) I need to know how I can max. pack. I have bought those bags that ....?

let all the air out and compress the items but I am still looking for tips for packing books dvds cds and other misc stuff. please help also if it is cheaper to ship or just to pay for extra bags. please let me know thanks

USPS parcel is really cheap to ship those things you don't need right away. I think you can ship up to 50 lbs a box. Its slow depending on the distance but you save loads of money moving stuff that you want to take with you but don't need right away. When I moved cross-country I found it was worth paying for the extra bags on the plane for things that I really needed by my side (clothes, etc) and shipping the rest of my stuff via USPS.

Air is the MOST expensive way to ship stuff, and excess baggage charges are horrendous! All airlines have a weight limit per passenger or per bag, but usually you can't bring more than about 100 pounds of your stuff on a plane, if that. Ship it by ground!