What's the American equivilant of British 'gas 3' in cooking?

I have an English (British) recipie that calls for cooking at the temperature of Gas 3. I need to know the farenheit translation.

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    170°C (325°F) gas mark 3.

    For future reference (in Farenheit):

    300 degrees=gas mark 2

    325 degrees=gas mark 3

    350 degrees=gas mark 4

    375 degrees=gas mark 5

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.