Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

I might want to color my hair. I have nice silky hair would colouring it effect that?

I have nice silky hair and i never color it world coloring my hair effect the silky-ness and well being of my hair ? Because i want my hair to stay nice and silky as it is

Favorite Answer

The rule is the further you go away from your natural color the more damaging it is. What color do you want? Do you want it all over or a highlighting effect? Some people with fine hair like the way hair behaves with a little damage. Talk with a colorist and see what they suggest. Together you can come up with the solution that is perfect for YOU.

Source(s): Award winning stylist based in Manhattan- me.

WHY ??? Be happy you have hair !!! All hair dye includes a packet of ultra-conditioner because it dose alot of damage to the hair !!! I would stick with the nice silky-ness of your hair and not risk coloring it !!!! You don't know how good that sounds.....I would love to feel soft , silky healthy hair flowing in between my fingers no matter what color it is !!!

I like the way it damages my hair, If I dont color it, its flat and is the color of dirty dish water. My hair is much fuller after I dye it, but if I dont use conditioner it feels like theres glue in it, and it seems to fall out more. That is the part that concerns me. I am determined to stay a blond, I am happier with myself this way. It's worth it. They charge way too much at a salon, they barely gave me any highlights after dishing out $100 including a tip. Just buy the most expensive box on the shelf and do it at home, its funner that way. I get so excited when its time to do my hair again. I do slow down in the winter months though to give my hair a break.

It might damage your hair a little bit but if you put alot of conditioner through your hair after you color it should be silkier than before. At least thast what happens with my hair. Try something semi-permenant at first, thats more gentle on your hair. Although keep in mind, semi permanent color does not lighten. Good luck!

well yes, dyeing can damage the hair. if you really want to color your hair go for it, but after many times of re-dying it might not have the same silky texture it does now.

it might but not enought to distroy it or anything. i used to have silky hair before i colored it way too much. now its just frizzy. try going to a salon they know what they are doing and they usually use a really good conditioner at the end of the coloring process. good luck

• Kandie

Any chemical treatment is going to do some damage to hair. after any chemical treatment the hair should be conditioned with a good moisturizing conditioner. Many hair coloring products have their own conditioner in the kit.

i'm a British tanned guy who's greater or less 6ft 2 inches with short blond hair and a large cock! loss of private intensity is the main answer, its no longer purely foreigners, I even have met greater effective than my honest proportion of shallow jap human beings. in certainty i'd bypass so a techniques as to declare some jap persons are greater shallow. EDIT: i'm going to forget suitable to the certainty which you called me chinese language, shallow potential 'lacking intensity of mind, emotion, or information'.

That used to concern me. I have since colored my hair about 5 times, everything from blonde highlights to puple streaks and it actually helps the texture of your hair if you take care of it right.

Source(s): My hairdresser

check the links below for * Hair coloring tips

http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2006/12/hair-co...