14 year old starting high school?

My 14 year old daughter is starting high school next year what can I do as a parent to help her in the transition?.Also as a parent what can I expect ??

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Make sure she fits in as much as possible. Have the right clothes, shoes, etc. I know this sounds completely shallow, but it will help a ton!! I have a 14 and 16 yr old - - I know!! Tell her to join some clubs and groups, in order to make some friends. Try to get her on a schedule - - when to shower, when to wake up, when to do homework, walking to class. Make sure she enters high school knowing that you think is is fabulous and capable.

• 4 years ago

it incredibly relies upon on how mature the 14 year previous is and if the father and mom will enable it. yet in a very good kind of states you are going to be able to desire to be 15-sixteen to get pierced regardless of a parent so as that's additionally a factor.

• Catnip
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Try to help build her confidence by complimenting her positive qualities. Assuming it is a school without uniforms, getting her some nice clothes to start out with would be nice too.

• 1 decade ago

Don't help her too much, she would want to be very independent if she is going to high school. You can expect her to start dating or swearing, because most people do that when they get to high school.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's really not a big transition. Most of the people you already know, it's really just like normal school except bigger.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Give them all the help you can and show support and guidance and discipline. Children that are not disciplined learn to resent their parents and if you don't help them they think you don't care if they succeed or not. Talk to them as if they were all ready grown up and this will gain you respect from your up and comers.

• 1 decade ago

give her space. if she needs help give her help. expect alot of yelling if you get in her business alot

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.