what's the minimum number of people i can have for my wedding entourage?

i want to have a simple catholic wedding, so can anyone tell me in detail how many bridesmaids, groomsmen etc. are required.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1 maid/matron of honor

1 best man

You might want a couple ushers to seat the guests.

Source(s): Experience
  • 1 decade ago

The priest would be the best person to answer this, because each specific church and priest have different interpretations of the rules. I read on The Knot that your best man and maid of honor had to be Catholic in a Catholic wedding. The groom was literally the only Catholic in my Catholic ceremony.

More than likely, you need one on each side, a maid of honor and a best man. We dispensed with almost everything else and only had three bridesmaids and two groomsmen, and the priest didn't bat an eye.

But the priest actually officiating your wedding is the only one that can tell you exactly what he feels is required.

• 1 decade ago

There is no rule and you do not have to have the same number of bridesmaids as groomsmen. Select your attendents based on the friends you want to honor by having them stand with you on your big day and you won't go wrong!

• 1 decade ago

You could have zero if you wanted to. There isn't a required number, but you should keep it even between bridesmaids and groomsmen. So if your husband-to-be wants 3 groomsmen you better find 3 bridesmaids.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You dont need anyone in your wedding party, they are not required by the church. And you dont need to have attendants to be your witnesses, anyone who attends your wedding that is over the age of 18 can sign your paperwork.

• 1 decade ago

There is no limit to how big your wedding party can be. It is your wedding. If someone disagrees with you, don't think it's wrong. It is your wedding, don't let someone talk you out of something you want or don't want.

• 1 decade ago

Well, I believe that the minimum is however many you feel comfortable with. 3 for bride, 3 for groom?

• 1 decade ago

all you need is two witnesses, a best man and a bridesmaid will do

• Lydia
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There is no requirement, you don't have to have any if you don't want. However, you will need two adult witnesses to sign.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is no rule..you can have no one or 20 people on each side. its up to you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.