What cake should I bake him?

my dad for his birthday... he loves pies, but a lot of people will be coming so I thought I should do a cake.

Ideas? What's your favorite pie or cake? I want it to be something different, yet delicious!

If you could give a link to the recipe, or just put it on here, thanks!

Favorite Answer

chocolate chess pecan pie, a southern favorite and very easy. mix 1 1/2 cups sugar with 4 tbs. cocoa. add 1/2 cup melted butter, two beaten eggs, 1 tsp vanilla and 5 ounces of pet canned milk. add 3/4 cups pecan chips and mix. pour into unbaked pie shell. have oven preheated to 400. bake at 400 for ten minutes then reduce heat to 300 for about thirty minutes. Pie will set as it cools. Is for sure to be the favorite, I just made two of t hem and am sick, lol, i ate soooo much. everyone will want your recipe. the southerners are famous for their rich desserts.

Make him a Better Than S ex Cake!

1 box German Chocolate cake mix

1 jar Mrs. Richardson's butterscotch-caramel-fudge ice cream topping (If you can't find this particular type, any ice cream/caramel sauce will work!)

1 can sweetened condensed milk

4 Heath (or Skor) candy bars, crushed

1 (8 oz.) tub Cool Whip

Bake cake according to box directions in a 13 X 9 pan. Remove from oven and let cool completely. *Do NOT remove cake from pan!*

With the handle of a wooden spoon, poke 18 holes in the cake (3 rows of 6 holes each). Warm ice cream topping in the microwave just long enough to make it pourable. Drizzle over cake and into holes. Drizzle sweetended condensed milk over cake and into holes.

Sprinkle half the crushed candy bars over cake. Spread Cool Whip over that, and sprinkle remaining crushed candy bars on top of Cool Whip. Refrigerate until set.

Depending on how many people you have coming, a 13 X 9 cake may not seem big enough, but this cake is VERY rich and a little bit goes a long way. :)

Well whatever his favorite pir is you can add that flavor to the cake.

For instance

Lemon Pie- You can do a white cake with lemon curd filling or lemon curd over the slice with marshmellow cream for the frosting

Cherry Pie- You can do a deep chocolate cake topped with cherry pie filling and whipped cream

Apple Pie- You can do a crumb type of cake or a spice cake mix and top with apple pie filling

If he likes Banana cream pie you could make a huge batch of banana cream pudding.

• Susan

I enjoy angel food cake topped with a berry fruit salad and chocolate whipped cream!

You could always make a cake for the crowd, and a small pie for your dad to enjoy later.

This cake is sooooo good and super, super easy. It's very rich, almost like a chocolate cheesecake without the cheese part. If you have a lot of people, you could serve small slices (it's that rich) or just make two (it's that easy). I serve mine cold with powdered sugar and sliced almonds on top. When you go to serve it, drizzle some Hershey's syrup. Ooh, I might make one tomorrow know that I'm thinking of it!

Highly recommend it:

http://kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=recipe&m=recipe/...

This is a yummy cake that is easy and feeds a lot of people you can change the jello flavors and sub the koolaid with 1 can of soda of 12 oz of your fav. flavor tea to go with the different jello

INGREDIENTS:

1 pkg. (18 1/4 oz.) lemon cake mix (or white)

1 pkg. unsweetened orange Kool-Aid (or orange soda 1 can)

3 eggs

1 C. water

1/3 C. vegetable oil

2 pkgs. (3 oz. each) orange Jell-O, divided

1 C. boiling water

1 C. cold water

1 C. cold milk

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding

1-8 oz. carton Cool Whip, thawed

PREPARATION:

In mixing bowl, combine cake and Kool-Aid mixes, eggs, water and oil. Beat on medium speed for two minutes. Pour into an ungreased 11x13x2" baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean

Using a meat fork, poke holes all over cake. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a bowl, dissolve one package Jell-O in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Pour over cake. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.

In mixing bowl, combine milk, vanilla, pudding mix and remaining Jell-O; beat on low for two minutes. Let stand five minutes; fold in Cool Whip. Frost cake. Refrigerate any leftovers. Makes 12-15 servings.

• Since it's your dad's birthday, I say bake a pie. To accommodate for the number of people, maybe you could bake a few pies.

As for ideas, bake your dad's favorite(s).

Good luck.

i have never added baking powder to the recipe i use (my nan's) i've actually got to make 200 cakes today so i have been googling to see if i should add baking powder, however a lot of recipes don't ask for it this is the recipe my nan taught me from a young age 4oz Caster sugar 4oz Self raising flour 4oz butter or marg 2 medium eggs beat the sugar and butter together, add the eggs then fold in the flour, at gas mark 5! google for recipes without baking powder, theres loads of them =) hope this helps xx

maybe u can put his favorite pie topping on the cake

:for example if he likes cherry pis put the cherry in the cake!

Source(s): my thoughts

Red velvet cake, cream cheese frosting! Epicurious.com usually has good recipes.