amg114 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

my parents say i'm fat and say i should eat less...What should i do?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Have your parents take you to the doctor. Talk to your doctor about your weight, and see if maybe you should cut back.

I believe we shouldn't overreact about people using the word 'fat'... It's nothing offensive, it's just a description of your body. The more you deny it the more unhealthy you're going to get.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Watch what you eat. French fries, pizza, burgers,pasta, ice cream, sodas ?? Those treats should be limited to once a month. When you correct your eating habits, the weight will just start to fall off. You will look so good and have so much energy !!! People will definitely notice !! After awhile, you won't even miss those old foods that added the pounds. So, set some goals. Write them down, and here's the key.... read them every morning .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You dont have to eat less, but you do want to eat better. Meaning, less Cheetos and deep dish pizzas, more apples and whole grains. Make sure your parents keep lots of healthy foods around, and slowly incorporate them more and more into your diet. You will see results; not only in the way you look, but the way you feel.

• 1 decade ago

Listen to them. If they have the guts to tell you this, then they are correct. They know what's best for you!!! You shouldn't eat less though, just gradually eat BETTER. Whole grain bread, more fruit, no Cheetoes or gross stuff like that, you need to excersize too. I would suggest about 20 situps a day.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

first of all, it's wrong for your parents to call you fat and to tell you to eat less... it's not that simple. concentrate on HEALTH, not weight. lots of fruits and veggies, lean protien, complex carbs, low fat dairy. its not necessarily how much you eat, it's what you eat. you can eat A LOT of healthy food compared to a little junk food.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Asimple exercise you should do three times a day. It takes only a second or two for each exercise.

Place both hands against the edge of the table, and PUSH !

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its all about what you eat honey. you need more fruits and veggies, and less junk food, tell your parents that they need to start buying the right stuff so that you can loose weight! also dont eat and go straight to sleep

• Quonx.
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

How much do you weigh for your height? Do you think you are fat? Do you have any health problems in your family, like diabetes or heart disease your parents may be worried about in you?

• 1 decade ago

Punch them in the face. Don't eat less, just eat HEALTHIER foods (you know, fruits and veggies and the like) and exercise MORE.

• 1 decade ago

what you could do is exercise and eat right, or go to the doctor and let them decide if your fat

hope i could help!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.