prom dress?

it's red.. but it's very plain and i got it second hand.. so i want to dress it up a little. its strapless so i'm adding pearls as straps.. what else can i do to add a little.. personal touch i guess.. to it without making it look gaudy?

heres a picture of what it looks like (about.. not the real dress though) : http://www.pacificplex.com/product_pages/ad_50s_St...

it looks like this except without the bow thing and it's a thicker material than satin.. it's like a curtain! lol

any suggestions on how personalize it?

Update:

oh by the way, it DOES have a sash, just like the one in the pic..

Update 2:

it doesnt have a sash around the waist, it doesnt have anything on it. it poofs out at the waist though and it's floor length, so long it goes past my feet but it's poofed out.. does that make sense?

** also wondering.. would it be weird if i wore a small tiara or something along those lines in my hair for prom? .. .. i just wasnt sure...?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Cute! It's such a simple dress you can do pretty much anything you like. Pick out a pair or really nice shoes you want to show off. That dress is perfect for that.

Your jewelry can also add alot of personality to it as well. If you feel really crafty, you can add a bow at the waist or trim the top and bottom with a different color. Good luck and have fun!

• 1 decade ago

Classic style. Very beautiful. If it does have the waist sash without the bow, a pretty brooch pinned to the side at the waist would be nice.

• 4 years ago

i'm unsure what ones are in trend yet out of your parent description i could advise skater outfits or comparable, I even have hips and a tummy and that i hit upon that peplum outfits do no longer compliment my shape

• 1 decade ago

add thick staps on it, take it to a sowing place and get them to put dark pink and light pink sequins on it!!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

cute silver heels and little (diamond perferablely) keep it simple!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.