Is it ok to wear the follow dress to a wedding?

The wedding is next weekend, in the afternoon.

I found a dress that is very "sping" like. It is an off white color with light blue and tan flowers on it.

I know I am not supposed to wear white and I completly forgot.

Help?!

Sorry no picture of it.

But it is short, comes just above my knees. Its got an empire waist.

I was thinking about getting a blue shrug or something like that to go over it. Then it wouldnt be so white

Favorite Answer

Do you have a picture of it? If the flowers are big and take up a lot of the material space so that white is just really the secondary background color I would think that it might be ok, but if the flowers are small and you mainly see a white dress, I would say no.

I would also say this, if you are unsure, err to the side of caution and get another dress, the last thing you want to do is commit an extreme faux pas like wearing white to a wedding when you are not the bride, so if you cant decide, then just dont wear it.

Post a link to a picture of the dress so we can see.

I think that you should be able to wear it. It's not like you've got an all white dress. It's off white with BLUE and TAN flowers on it. You're fine! I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe find some light blue shoes to match.

Edit: I agree with the more recent person to answer as well, post a picture. Better idea then! :)

• gloe

The black clothing are advantageous extremely no remember if it incredibly is a night wedding ceremony. The capris are no longer a reliable selection except, as somebody else mentioned, you will an exceedingly, incredibly casual wedding ceremony. all of the different lady travellers would be in clothing and all of the lads would be wearing suits. you would be attractive at any length. pass procuring and detect a costume that flatters your physique sort. i think of wrap clothing could be flattering on bigger women human beings. deliver a pal or 2 for suggestion and then strut your stuff on the marriage. somewhat everyone merits to look rather in a costume in some circumstances. :)

As long as it is an off white color it should be fine. The traditions have kind of fallen off. You aren't suppose to wear black and red along with white to a wedding, but people do. So go ahead and wear that spring dress.

The dress sounds fine. I mean you arent showing up in a full white long dress. I would think that people wouldnt mistaken you for the bride... Is it short or long? that would make a difference too...

I would return it and get a new dress. Even if you got that blue shrug, youre not going to want to wear it the whole time, but you will feel self-conscious when you dont.

As long as it's not solid white or wedding dress like that sounds fine.

• Lydia

That sounds great, shrug or not. Any patterned is fine, that doesn't "count" as white.

sounds fine to me

It sounds perfectly fine.