I am 30 yrs. old and I cant seem to make the same connections in my relationships as I did before. Why?

I dont know why, but I cant seem to meet and fall in love and live happily ever after. I always seemed to make huge connections with my boyfriends when I was in my 20s. Now that I am in my 30s it seems like Im feeling like "he's the one" and he is not meeting me half way! Is it because I am older and maybe more reserved, or is it because of careers and stuff like that? Please give me your advice...

Favorite Answer

You're finally growing up. Those "huge connections" evidently weren't that huge, as all went by the wayside. You're becoming more mature, and realize that there's more to a relationship. You're looking for something you haven't found yet, and probably don't even realize it. Do some serious soul-searching. Love yourself and in time, you'll find what what you're looking for. And forget about meeting you half-way, half way is 50%. You need to give 100%, and find someone who does the same.

I think the fact that you're associating age with your inability to find this deep connection with your boyfriend means you may be trying harder--too hard-- to connect with your significant other. It was probably easier when you were younger because it was only about finding a guy who you connected with. Now, however (and I am guessing here), the fact that you might be looking for something more serious is interfering with your ability to enjoy him.

Just relax! If you try to push a connection where there may not be one, it falsifies what you already have. Let it come naturally; and remember that you're relationships now are going to be different from ten years ago.

I am certain that from all of theese boyfriends that you thought you were in love with,one of them has probably truly loved you,but you took his love for granded for various reasons,such nicer saliva's from the new boyfriend,may be you thought you were getting better sex in the beginning,not comparable in some ways with the one who loved you most.ect.now you are lost,my best advise is to search within your soul and seek the one who love you most,and in time you will be rewarded with the ultimate gift which is love.

attitudes and beliefs change with time. think about what u had to worry about when u were 17 as compared to now. ur political beliefs have probably changed a little as well. i think as we get older there is tendency to become a bit more reserved.