Can anybody tell me how to do a business model for McDonald's?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • csanda
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If I understand the question correctly, you are asking how to write an essay on McDonald's business model.

First, know how to write an expository essay. I'm not going to insult your intelligence by describing that.

Second, describe the elements that are UNIQUE to McDonald's (MCD) that have specificially made it a success.

Third, do research into parallel examples. That support your thesis on the characteristics.

For example:

Thesis: McDonald's business model relies on business process engineering, low cost and marketing symbiosis.

Paragraph 2: Business process engineering is a key element to the business model. Effect: process engineering minimizes costs through keeping labor costs down, maximizing productivity and reducing shrinkage through errors. Example: McDonalds equipment allows it to have semi-automated cooking (which in turn pioneered modern fast food). Historical parallel: Took cue from Henry Ford's process engineering. Could hire unskilled workers, rather than short-order cooks. Productivity was maximized by making sure cooking time was minimized. Shrinkage was reduced as cooking time was exact, timed and had few variables. Also, product was standardized for less errors. Employee theft/shrinkage also minized through division of labor/small batch ordering.

You can do the other two elements (low costs & marketing symbiosis).

There are tons of books to help you on this specific topic, like

"Behind the Arches" by John Love

"Grinding it Out" by Ray Kroc (the founder)

"Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser

"Ray Kroc: The Life of McDonalds" by Heineman

And a hundred other business model books that use McDonalds. Any book on Fast Food will cite McDonald's Business Model.

• 4 years ago

presently corporation in desktops and know-how superhighway purposes looks good . rather of coming up orthodox corporation positioned funds into those issues and you will develop to new heights. i do no longer think of Thanjavur is saturated with notebook corporation. choose no longer concern of loss of tech know-how. in basic terms hire 2 experts and that they are going to cope with the corporation and your funds is apt . in basic terms issue you're able to be able to desire to do is industry your centers in and around Thanjavur. in basic terms decide the applying usages and discover them including your employed experts .With the studies you are able to enlarge your self. you additionally can attain me for any form of queries reg the s/w purposes or hiring the pros.Imp issue is you will have hobby to do corporation and lend an ear to increasing use of desktops in India

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.