Alice asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

What is your opinion about the situation in Darfur?

I am really upset that the whole world is basically doing nothing to stop this genocide.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The only thing that needs to be done to stop the genocide in Darfur is to arm the victims.

It's been tried, and it works.

• 1 decade ago

After watching Hotel Rwanda, I have to say that I strongly believe that people should intervene and evacuate the victims to another country, before the situation escalates out of control. That is what they did in Hotel Rwanda; UN peacekeepers picked up the surviving Rwandans and transported them by bus to Tanzania. However the evacuation was after almost a million Ttusi and Hutu refugees had been killed by extremists. No one bothered to really intervene, and when they did, they only evacuated the Americans. The United States and the UN need to evacuate the Darfur citizens and bring them to a safe country far from Sudan. That is the only way to save lives. Otherwise it will only get worse.

• Catnip
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It's too bad, but the US needs to stay out of it. The world hates us for interfering in the affairs of other countries, so either let Darfur solve it, or let some other country take care of it for once.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is a problem that the world community should force upon the countries of Africa to solve.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.