Want to move to New Port Richey, Fla. area. Anyone live in this area and can tell me what it's like?

There seems to be alot of houses on the market in this area, does anyone know why? Are people leaving this area for a reason? I am in the medical field are jobs hard to come by in the Tampa bay area? Are taxes outrageous? Can anyone recommend an area in the West Central Fla. that's a nice place to live.

Favorite Answer

The reason why alot of houses are on the market is for two reasons

1) at the peak of the houseing boom here people were buying houses because they knew they could resale it 6months later for $30,000 more. Some people tried to get in on this at the end of the peek and are now stuck with a house theycan't sale

2)people buying houses with the low flexible intrest rate and now they can no longer afford it!

This is a great place to raise a family, great schools, great neighborhood communities. I recomend Trinity and Long Leaf.

For the young, and single looking to party on Friday nights your not gonna find much to do around here, you'll have to go to Tampa! Thats why I love it here,

Oh and if your in the medical field they are currently building a bigger hospital in the area. Its called "Community Hospital" So you may want to look into that!