Joe S asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Who would win in their prime..Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant ?

Favorite Answer

kobe hasn't done enough in his career to be compared to jordan. offensively kobe is better than jordan but jordan has a complete game which kobe doesn't have yet. also kobe is still on the way to his prime, next season will most likely be his prime. but right now... kobe vs prime jordan..jordan would win hands down. i'm a kobe fan but the reality is, kobe is nowhere near as good as jordan. well not yet. jordan made his team better kobe is a one man team.

I will answer this question as a person that watched every televised game Jordan ever played and most of the ones Kobe has played. No one has ever had the determination to win like Jordan and he had to play a lot of years to achieve his success. So he was self made he did not have anyone he copied. Kobe came into the league and rode Shaq's coattails to his championships and got a big head way to early. I don't think he will get better because he already thinks he is the best. The person that mentioned the old players I agree Jordan went head to head with New York year after year before all the new rules got made. Kobe might have to get off the floor maybe once a game Jordan had to get up every time he went to the basket and it was not to make a free throw it was to go for the basket again. All I can say is if people think Kobe is better than Jordan they did not see Jordan play.

michael jordan without a doubt poeple seem to forget how good michael jordan was because it has been awhile since he was in his prime if you watch a good game for kobe bryant and then go and watch a good game for jordan you wil see jordan is the best hands down noone will ever be as good as mj atleast not for a long time the only player who maybe able to reach his caliber is lebron because he is only 21

Jordan was a shut down defender and simply unstoppable. Kobe plays D, but not enough. Oh and not to mention, Kobe's game is modeled after MJ so take away that aspect and how would he play?

I'd say MJ wins cause Kobe can't and wouldn't score 81 on a dominant defender.

I have noooooo clue. I really don't think that we have seen Kobes prime yet. Hes only in his third season where he is the focal point and leader by himself. As good as he is, it seems that he has so much room to get better. He seems to still be getting better with every season now. When he was with Shaq he had no room for that. He didn't have any option but to play on a team that wasn't his to lead. Don't get me wrong, it worked well for them. They won three championships. I do think Kobe has better range than Jordan. I think that Jordan had the time to learn better decision making and how to be more consistent. And as for the bulls then against the lakers now. The bulls had a waaaaaaaaay better team. Odom and Walton is good but they just don't cut it. Ask me again in 2 years.

MJ would eat Kobe for breakfast! MJ played against other legends- Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler, etc... Kobe hasn't faced hardly anyone who is that caliber! Sure there are some guys nowadays who got game, but very few if any of them compare to the 80's & 90's legends! The biggest factor that gives MJ the edge is that he's a smarter player. As sensitive as Kobe is, MJ would get in his head and break him down. Kobe would still be having nightmares a week later! MJ all the way, easily!

M Jordan will win. for sure. i'm not particular who will win no matter if that is a million vs a million between M Jordan and Kobe. yet when Kwame Brown take section, Kobe will loss because Kwame Brown's 1st %. rank is through M Jordan. Haha.

MJ So Much Better Than Kobe.

Michael Jordan no doubt. Especially with the modern rules.

Kobe would win because he has more moves, farther shooting range, and more fluid play. He can go from one move to the next in a fluid motion if you watch him. Jordan was good but didnt achieve the same flow kobe has achieved.