I would a rose bush that the blooms almost year around it gets to be like 5' - and when open are beautiful

I had a bush like this when I was younger - the flowers looks

beauthiful from the time you took off a bud until the time it was in full bloom - this plant had pink blooms if the matters - but, I just purchased 3 plants and when I got ready to plant them the one flower (that I had intended to remove) look like a wild rose.

I would appreciate if anyone knows what I am talking about.

Thank you,

Norma

Favorite Answer

I have a rose that may fit your description, its called 'Duchesse de Brabant', also called in other countries, Comtesse de labarthe, Comtesse Ouwaroff, Countess Bertha or 'The Shell Rose". It makes it hard when they have different names in different countries.

It flowers continuously from spring till it frosts hard. It has a double old rose look in pale shell pink. The buds look like double tulips. Nice fragrance also. My books say it is slow growing and can get diseases, but I have found it fast growing and disease reistant. I'm in a Zone 9, warm temperate climate. If you are in America, my book says President Roosevelt made it famous by wearing a button hole of it's buds. So it may have been popular there. Hope this helps.