I have a speech problem or something! help!?

So, I am 15 and I think I have a serious problem. I love to read, but there is one problem, when i read out loud, the words do not come out right and sometimes I skip words. I am really embarassed to read anything out loud. The thing is, it sounds perfectly fine when I read it to myself. What could it be?? Can I fix it?? Any advice?? Thanks

Favorite Answer

You probably are just nervous. That's how I am. I read perfect by myself but when I read in front of anybody I will stutter. I would read in front of people like your parents and see if they think you have a problem. I don't think you do, because I am the same way. If you are just nervous, start out by reading to someone you trust then read to 2 people, then so on. Before you know it you will be reading great. Good luck, I hope it gets better.

Sounds like you have a reading problem. Ask your english teacher at school for help with this. He/she should be able to figure out the problem and tell you how to correct it or point you in the right direction of someone who can help you.

the reason your skip words when you read out loud is becuase your mind can leave out those words and can still understand. What you can do is practice reading out loud and focus on readind it slow and on every single word.