Have people become too sensitive in our society?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i think they have. we are teaching our kids to be a bunch of wimps! in elementary schools they no longer have the traditional A-F grading system, they now have random letters so kids feelings dont get hurt...whats wrong with letting kids know when they have done good or bad, so they can improve when they arent doing well and keep it up if they did a good job. in kids sports they no longer keep score so there is no losing team. i think kids need to learn to accept losing so as adults they can learn to cope with problems and disappointments that are just a part of life.

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Would tend to say yes. People, in general, have become overly sensitive to what others say about them. Anything negative, including what could be construed as constructive criticism is taken as a personal insult. Perhaps it's being over sensitive, or perhaps we're taking ourselves a bit too seriously these days. It's hard to say.

• 1 decade ago

Depend on what topic which awaken the sensitivity! The topic of religion, culture and race may be the sensitive of all! Human we are, feeling we have! aight

• meteor
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Man, there are so many groups now protesting for stuff...gay marriage, peta, impeachment, you name it, it's out there. I'm not knocking standing up for what a person believes in, I'm just saying yes to your question. Look at what happened to Imus. No, he shouldn't have said that, but should he have been fired - he did apologize, right?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, they have. Sometimes people do not have the patience to deal to the problems that they have to face everyday.

• 1 decade ago

No. They are trying to be more human now!

• 1 decade ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.