How can I build this?
So...i need to make a device that will roll on the floor or go on a string from one spot to 1.5 meters away. I cant give the device a push and I cant make it roll down hill..DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO MAKE SOMETHING THAT CAN TRAVEL THE DESCRIBED WAY WITH HOUSEHOLD MATERIALS LIKE BALOONS OR BAKING SODA&VINEGAR......__batteries are not allowed** THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING....the best answer will recieve 30 points..<--I know how to do that =]
- The OracleLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
You can use a mousetrap to power a ground-based vehicle. I built one at school that travelled 30 metres on a single unmodified mousetrap. And you can get help on building one, using ordinary items from around the house like old CDs for the wheels, at this site:
They claim to have designs that will travel 180m!
- 1 decade ago
I have4 ways, none of which will ABSOLUTELY work. They've got a chance, tho.
1. If you're allowed to use es, remove the wick from a candle, tape it onto the inside of a can of soda. When you light it, and the flame reaches the soda, it will explode, possibly pushing the can forward.
2. This isn't exactly "household materials"....
Take a toy car and, unless it is already metal, plate it with metal. Then, build a series of small arches with popsicle sticks or similar material. Glue magnets to them, and the metal car might go forward due to the magnet's field. They need to be strong enough magnets, though.
3. Just take a pencil, tie a string to it, tape the string to the ceiling, and hold the pencil towards you, with the string inclined. This way, without pushing it, it will swing forward when you let go. Capiche?
4. My favorite: take a 2LITER of coke (2 liters for extra power) and open it. it will start to spill (obviously) as you lay it on the ground horizontally, so do this quickly. Lay it down. Then, throw a Mento or 2 into the bottle. The chemical reaction with the Mento and Coke will cause it to foam up monstrously. Just trust me. : )
Hopefully, the foam will propel the bottle forward. This is the most reliable suggestion of the four, not including the one with the pencil and string, which may not be allowed.
What is this for anyway, a bet?Source(s): I know a lot of cool little tricks like this. :)
- LucySDLv 71 decade ago
NO POINT-GAMING: You may not post content for the explicit purpose of gaining points, trading points, or soliciting others for points or otherwise "game" the Yahoo! Answers points system.
How can I build this?
So...i need to make a device that will roll on the floor or go on a string from one spot to 1.5 meters away. I cant give the device a push and I cant make it roll down hill..DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO MAKE SOMETHING THAT CAN TRAVEL THE DESCRIBED WAY WITH HOUSEHOLD MATERIALS LIKE BALOONS OR BAKING SODA&VINEGAR......__batteries are not allowed** THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING....
the best answer will recieve 30 points..<--I know how to do that =]
- sexy-starLv 41 decade ago
You need an empty cotton reel, an elastic band and a toothpick. Roll the elastic band around the middle of cotton reel, thread the toothpick at the end of the band so it will be parallel to the reel and keep holding it until you let it go on the flat floor slowly. The band will unroll the reel taking the reel to where the reel is facing.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
That's easy, make some sort of car chassis with 4 wheels then just use the balloon as the exhaust and it will propel the device forward.
- havenjohnnyLv 61 decade ago
Can you use rubber bands??