How much do you read your Bible?

I honestly at times do not the read the Bible as much as I should. I'm trying to understand it very well so when I go out to share Christ with others I can have the ability to affirm what I am saying is true through the word of God. Lord Willing I will read the gospels 10 times this summer along with the Pentateuch as well.

Favorite Answer

I am a Muslim and I read Bible very frequently as I read the Holy Quran very frequently. There are Christians who say that I know about Christianity more than them.

I study over one hour a day. I work a 12-hr day, 5 days a week. Saturday and Sunday... I sometimes spend 2-3 hours.

As the Children of Israel got up before Dawn and got the Manna.... So we must make it our First Priority.... To Meet with the BREAD OF HEAVEN... Jesus!

(Mark 1:35) And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

AND....

(2Timothy 4:1-to-4) Therefore I solemnly witness before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who is going to judge the living and the dead according to His appearance and His kingdom,

(2Ti 4:2) preach the Word, be instant in season and out of season, reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine.

(2Ti 4:3) For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear.

(2Ti 4:4) And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths.

ALSO.... You need some Good Bible Teaching....! Dr John has been Preaching the Word for over 35-years and is Fluent in NT Greek and OT Hebrew. www.gty.org

Also there is Free Bible Software available..... www.e-sword.net

In Christ,

Roger R.

If you want to understand what you are reading go to

www.amazingfacts.org or call 916-434-3884, they have a

myriad of information. They have the tools you can use to be an effective witness. Keep in mind it is the personal things

that God has done for you. I guarantee you will be uplifted.

God Bless You.

Man, I read it so much the pages are falling out. I guess it still has the same effect as a new one, but a new one would take forever to transfer all the highlights and notes over to.

Thank God for Scotch tape!

Peace

Scala Paradisi -- the Stairway to Heaven -- describes a 4-runged ladder to Heaven, each rung being one of the four steps in method of Bible reading.

lectio (reading): "looking on Holy Scripture with all one's will and wit"

meditatio (meditation): "a studious insearching with the mind to know what was before concealed through desiring proper skill"

oratio (prayer): "a devout desiring of the heart to get what is good and avoid what is evil"

contemplatio (contemplation): "the lifting up of the heart to God tasting somewhat of the heavenly sweetness and savour"

• Tzadiq

Daily without fail usually at least 6 to 10 chapters. It depends of I read something I feel compelled to meditate on or research.

Every time through I see stuff I haven't before.

Ever Day. I use one of those Bible in One Year Guides and it helps keep me focused on doing it. I read it first thing in the morning while I drink my first cup of coffee, it is great way to start the day

• Yoda

I find reading for about 1 h a day, reading scriptures. Not too much, and frequently is best.

I am getting a new Bible next weekend and I can't wait! Man I'm gonna wear that Bible out. I can't wait to read it over and over again until I'm old and then can teach my kids and grandkids about it.

• Ruth

Every day. make it a habbit and do it one piece at a time.

Say a few scriptures a week and then think about what your reading does it make sense with the rest of the bible.