Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 decade ago

What is "olive skin tone"?

Because i hear white people say ooo she has an olive skin tone what the heck does that mean lol. I meen olives are green people dont have green skin unless theyre sick lol.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I kno its confusing,

But you know the skin of the olive that usually a mix ofmreally darck green and brown. SO when some one says Oh i love your Olive skin tone then you will notice that that their skin may be a very similier coler to that of an olive but a lot more brown and not so dark. these ppl usually have brown hair and eyes. they may look like their from spain or some where and the medaterianian.

Good luck, Hope i Helped

• 1 decade ago

Its not a green tone exactly. But people who are mediterrain or italian area descent have olive skin meaning a brown slightly vaguely green undertone. That why they look so good in red. Its not like a huge green tone either.

Just like calling people black its really a dark brown. Dont be so literal.

• 1 decade ago

It's a compliment trust me there are thousands of white people every where wishing they had your natural skin color. IT's just a darker tone much like a brownish tanned color skin without the orangy undertones. Like Eva Longoria. There are different types of Olives some are sort of brownish green but olivetoned is not necessarily the exact color of your skin. Like black people aren't really the color black. or caucasions are not really white and so on. it's just a description.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It has to do with the 'undertones' of the skin...

Yellow-olive skin tone is easily identified because it's mainly found in people who tan easily and don't burn often. So if you come in from the beach a shade other than bright red, yellow-olive is you!

Olive skin tones are slightly gray or ashen, do not burn easily and have greenish undertones. <=== Olives are green! Haha, see! It makes sense, eh?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is a skin color that people from the Middle East and north India have. It's kind of the color of someone who just got a tan. Like a nice golden brown. But it's not too dark.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Olive skin tone means they are quite tanned but not overly tanned and its not orange or fake looking ! they usually have dark eyes and hair too!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm Portuguese ,so naturally i have a very pretty olive skin .

it's a natural tan ,no lotion's ,or tanning bed's ,or the sun.

it's a natural tan with a glow .

i am complimented every single day ,on my skin.

• 1 decade ago

It is a golden tan like Italians or Mid East people have ...

• 1 decade ago

I used 2 think that 2!! lol

i have olive skin. its like tanish. its good. lol

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Um it's like tanned, normally with brown hair and eyes. Often another name for people of latin american or spanish origin. hoped that helped.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.