Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 decade ago

Outer Space?

Do you think there's another living thing in outer space?

Favorite Answer

Please read the matter given below. I am sure thaat you will come to a conclusion that there exists life in outer space.

There can be little doubt that the prospect of intelligent life existing in outer space has intrigued evolutionary scientists for generations. Pick up almost any evolution textbook, and you will find a reference to, brief discussion of, or whole chapter on, extraterrestrial life.

Some years ago, Carl Sagan, the late astronomer of Cornell University, raised private funding for a radio telescope that would search the skies for a message coming in to us from supposed extraterrestrial beings. Dr. Sagan, and Dr. Frank Drake, were asked by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to design an interstellar communication specifically aimed at extraterrestrials, in hopes of letting them know that we are here. Consequently, attached to NASA’s Pioneer 10 and Pioneer 11 spaceprobes (1973) were identical gold plaques, inscribed with pictorial messages sent across the light-years to tell about Earth’s civilization. Since that time, various other attempts either to accept communications from alleged extraterrestrials, or to communicate with them, have been made.

Read this too...

A team of international researchers said that they have found what could be the first proof of life beyond our planet -- clumps of extraterrestrial bacteria in the Earth's upper atmosphere.

Although the bugs from space are similar to bacteria on Earth, the scientists said the living cells found in samples of air from the edge of the planet's atmosphere are too far away to have come from Earth.

What do you think???????

But I am sure that there are greater possibility for life to exist in outer space. I think the day that announce their existence is not so far!!!!!!!!!

It would be presumptuous of me to tell you that we are the only living thing that has ever existed

If you sit and you look at a map of the galaxy and the universe, you feel really small, you feel like there had to be something else out there, at least you hope. The idea that there is no one out there is really sad."

Also i gotta say, i recently watched the show Roswell ( ok, im obsessed with it lol ) and it made me think the same thing. I do think there is more out there.I mean really. In the *big bang * there had to be something else that came out it. If so, are the friendly, or bent on world destuction. Why is the military hiding what happened during that crash from us. We will dig and dig and never find anything unless we knwo what happeneed that day.

Yes, and why do you think that people have seen UFO's, duh.

The Stars in hollywood are hired by people to tell stories, some real some not so real. I believe that the world population, must be informed of what goes on in its world, or out of it. So the actors/actresses, tell the stories, and we are entertained. Picture this scenario:The Gov't would be sued if they told you every little bit of what's happening.So, Global warming isn't from balloons let go at a party, nor is it from paint cans, its, I believe, and I don't want to scare you, we're in volved in a Meteor shower, but the Gov't can't tell the whole truth.And the show JERICHO, is trying to inform the public as to what may happen, if wars are continued and bombs are deployed, in earths atmosphere.

sometimes I see these questions on answers, is there intelligence other than us on Earth. Well, you have to look around you. See what people are doing all over the world.Human beings do not respect life. We kill people when ever we can. We rape them , we rob them , we cheat them. And we put the dirtiest, the rottenest,the ones who lie the most, into public office. That doesn't seem too intelligent to me. There just has to be more intelligent beings out there , other than Earth.

Scientifically and statistically: Yes, without a doubt there is other life.

Religiously: The Bible does not say aliens exist or don't, so why not?

Personally: I'd like to see it first, but I do suspect logic will prevail.

• John T

If humanity is all that there is, that would be an awful waste of Space :)

With all the billions of stars in billions of galaxies... odds are definitely in favor of the development of life elsewhere in the universe :)

Underwater

Yes I think,I believe in aliens..I think that it is not necessary that every living being needs what basic things we need i.e. Oxygen,Food,etc. As we can take example of plants..we need oxygen and they need carbon dioxide..

its common sense to know that we are not the only ones to exist.

No Earthling, there is no one else out there.

¬¿¬