I feel like I'm playing Yahoo! Fantasy DL with my pitching staff...?

I have a stacked lineup but badly need pitching help, and since the league is not a highly competetive league, most the managers drafted teams and haven't checked back since signing up. So I have a limited number of trade partners, many of which have a poor judgment of value (like offering me Isringhausen for Berkman.)

My team-

C Mike Piazza

1B Ryan Howard, Paul Konerko

2B Ian Kinsler, Brian Roberts

3B Chipper Jones

SS Carlos Guillén

OF Hideki Matsui, Vernon Wells, Chris Duncan, Lance Berkman, Eric Byrnes, Adam Dunn

DL Chone Figgins

SP Javier Vázquez

SP Anibal Sánchez

RP José Valverde

RP Salomón Torres

P Jake Peavy

DL Eric Gagne

DL Mike Mussina

DL Rich Harden

I badly need both SP & RP, and although I know this isn't a great question, I'd just like some other people's opinion on some of the value of my players, and maybe just throwing out some names of who you'd target

Favorite Answer

I wish I could tell you to just drop three or four bats to pick up Free Agent Pitching, but that's not really an option with the bats you have. You can afford to drop Duncan for pitching, especially with Figgins due off the DL soon. Dunn could be moved for a RP the caliber of Isringhausen, though I'd shoot for someone with low potenial for injury. I think Dunn could bring you perhaps a Chris Ray. Byrnes could bring an underperforming but talented starter like Scott Olsen or Dave Bush. You might also be able to get a solid starter for Roberts, perhaps a Cole Hamels, Ian Snell or at least a Kelvim Escobar. I'd also drop Sanchez for a good high K low era & whip guy. If you're extremely lucky one or two of the pitchers I've already mentioned might be Free Agents. If not James Shields Of Tampa Bay is definitely worth a pickup. Your injured pitchers won't be out that long by the way.

• labrie

i might want to trust the guy who suggested to %. up Chris youthful. he's been convalescing for the previous 2 years, pitches contained in the most pitcher pleasant park contained in the league and may want to convey the nice and cozy temperature. he will put up ok's even as bringing a sturdy era and WHIP. i might want to drop Gordon, he's getting previous and under no circumstances really as helpful. Beckett can be a superior selection, he receives wins, yet he pitches at Fenway, a severe hitters park, so his era will climb. It appears like on your league there is dissimilar pitching to bypass round, so no favor to stockpile Relievers. there is continuously going to be a servicable guy on the waiver wire, merely keep an eye fixed out if Rivera or Wagner bypass on the DL.

well your right. pitching not looking so hott. positives are peavy and valverde. both very good pitchers in their lineups. valverde is always suspect to injury so ride him while hes hot and healthy. peavy is an ace. gotta stick with him. other then that you could do just about anything. id say its safe to drop vazquez and gagne. starters look for guys like james shields, jason hirsh, and orlando hernandez. all three are nice pickups. only reason i say hernandez is because he plays with a very good mets team. closers id say look for frasor and/or wheeler. both very good and should get some nice saves for the next month or so. good luck!

Is Belise of Cincinncati still avalable in FA. He could be a little known pick up. Also Jason Frasor has been moved to closer after B.J. Ryan went down in Toronto. Maybe worth a look.

you have peavy.