What is the cost to install a 170 foot chain link fence?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I had a friend install a 170 foot chain link fence in my yard. I bought the fence and the parts and materials ahead of time. He didn't give me an estimate beforehand for the ...show more
Best Answer
Chain link fencing for us, was the easiest and quickest way to go.
And not have to maintain it like my dad's redwood fence that takes up some of our time yearly.

Can't help you on labor price except to suggest you find out from local installers.

Once the holes are dug, the rest is like cruisin' on a ship.

I guess you are about to find out just what kind of friend he is possibly.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (3)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • LordTye answered 7 years ago
    $2.60 per linear foot is an average price in Central Texas. No one here charges a customer by the hour for yard construction, only by the job size. Price includes the parts.

Source(s):

I'm a general manager for a construction supplier. All of our customers average this for chain link.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • fenceorlando answered 7 years ago
    Never pay by the hour for a job like this. We are an Orlando Fence Contractor. If my crew was doing the work for you, I would charge between $3-$5 per foot, depending on terrain & soil conditions. Chain link fencing is relatively simple to install after the holes have been dug.

http://www.fenceorlando.com
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • mailittomenow answered 7 years ago
    It depends on where you're located and what the going market rate is for labor in the area you're located in. In a strong market you can probably expect to pay over $50/hr for labor. You should probably call around and ask for the labor rate to install a fence.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock