Michelle asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

salad dressing for steak salad?

my parents made steak last night and decided to make steak salads with it tonight. i DO NOT want my fathers dressing that he makes it is DISGUSTING and he thinks we love it. arg... does any of you have a really good idea/recipe for a good salad dressing for a steak salad??? PLEASE!

Favorite Answer

I personally like to just take a little dijon mustard and mix in with a little lemon juice, slat and pepper, and oil and drizzle over it. You don't want anything that will drown out the taste of the steak salad.

Also can add some red wine vinegar instead of the lemon juice.

LOL, had enough of the Italian salad dressing thing, ey? Ok, here goes: I prefer a dry rub on steak first, then add liquid. Here's my magic formula: 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt or Seasoned salt 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ground Peppercorn 1 Tsp garlic powder 1 Tsp onion powder 1 Tsp Smokey Paprika 1 Tsp dried basil Mix and rub generously into meat. In bowl, mix together: 1/2 cup Red Wine or Red Wine Vineger 3 T Worcestershire Sauce 1 Tsp hot sauce Place meat in ziplock bag and add liquid. Massage into meat, and refrigerate for several hours, but no more than12. Drain and bring meat to room temperature before cooking. Enjoy!

Try a vinegarette dressing with balsamic vinegar! It is SOOO good. That's what I've had on steak salads in the restaurants.

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

1/4 cup olive oil or canola oil

1 teaspoon dried basil

1 teaspoon sugar

1 clove garlic, minced

Mix all the ingredients in a sealable container and shake well

I would use Good Seasons Italian dressing. You make it and it's light for a nice steak salad .

I've had a really great steak and Caesar salad at some restaurant around here. The flavors really work well together.

Blue cheese goes great on a steak salad. Especially if you can get a good homemade batch with quality cheese.

Spicy Ranch is wonderful for a steak salad!! mmmmmm...

Alot depends on the mood your in. a nice peppercorn creamy dressing come to mind. Or ranch chilpolte. Beef is a strong distinct flavor, you want something to contrast that but not over power it. also, what you marinate it in (beef) citrus vinergret would be good. Or a oreintal peanut dressing.all can be found on foodnetwork.com

I would try something like a horseradish dressing or some blue cheese...

• balsamic vinaigrette should go well.