Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 decade ago

i want to go to college to be a kindergarden teacher or a special education teacher for young children?

whats a good college for this. i live in pennsylvania but id like some from outside the state too.

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) is a national voluntary association of higher education institutions and other organizations and is dedicated to ensuring the highest quality preparation and continuing professional development for teachers and school leaders in order to enhance PK-12 student learning. The almost 800 institutions holding AACTE membership include private, state, and municipal colleges and universities large and small located in every state, the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Guam. In addition, AACTE has a growing number of affiliate members, including state departments of education, community colleges, educational laboratories and centers, and foreign institutions and organizations. Collectively, the AACTE membership prepares more than two-thirds of the new teachers entering schools each year in the United States.

    Might be a good place to start your research. Only you know where you might like to be and what fits you. Every state college system will have teacher traing programs. Look them up on the web see waht fits you. Send off for details.

    Heres a link to get you going.

  • University of Northern Iowa, in Cedar Falls Iowa. It is nationally known for having a great teaching program. (Ranked 2ND in the country I believe) It has a great program with a wonderful lab school to see education in action. The college is smaller and classes are around 30-40 people depending on the class (Humanities Classes are about 75 people) And the staff is very knowledgeable and very friendly. And it isn't too expensive either!!!

  • 1 decade ago

    It depends on how far you want to go. I know there are a lot of teaching colleges in Wisconsin, Lakeland College and Cardinal Stritch being two of them. Both of these are private however. If you want something closer, try New York or New Jersey.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.